.Chapter 1

Kniki (POV)

I turned, and moved all night trying to fall sleep. I looked at the time 2:16 AM

I decided to just go take a walk in the park, mabey listen to some music and clear my mind.

It was really cold and there was a slight breeze. I held held my coat close to myself, and crossed my arms.

Its a peacefull night, cold but peacefull, the stars shined bright and the leave shuck lightly in the wind.

I spotted a body figure in the distance, just a bit farther from were I was. I squinted my eyes and it was a boy. I walked closer, but didn't recognize the face cause the boy had his hood on.

He was sitting on the ground under a tree just looking at the ground.

I walked closer to the boy, but he glanced over at me and shot up like a rocket, he ran in the other direction really fast and disappeared into the fog.

How weird. I just shook it off and pulled out my phone showing 3:14. I guess I better be getting home for school.

Jase (POV)

Flash Back 12 hours ago-

"GET OVER HERE YOU WORTHLESS PEICE OF SHIT!" I hear coming from down stairs.

I gulped knowing it was my father.

I started shaking so bad I could barely stand.

I tripped down stairs and my dad picked me up by my shirt.

I heard a loud noise, and felt a burn in my check, I felt it and there was blood.

I bit my lip trying not to let a tear slip, and I started do taste the blood from were I was biting my lip.

I turned around and ran for the front door.

My dad started yelling so I turned to look and I saw a glass bottle flying at me, everything goes black.

----------3 hours latter----------

"Mggmmmhh" I Groan out in pain.

I feel stinging on my back, but I'm to scared to open my eyes.

I felt a soft plush blanket so I'm guessing I'm in my room. I slowly open my eyes letting my vision come to normal.

"Shit" I mumble under my breath. I walked over to my bathroom. I turned around enough to see my back, there was belt sized slices going down multiple areas of my back and some dried blood.

I looked at my face there was bruises and cuts.

Thats it I'm done. I packed some cloths, and my phone, and hopped out my back window climbing onto a tree branch.

I threw my stuff and climbed down the tree.

I grabbed my stuff and jumped the fence and kept running and running and running.

After 3 miles I decided to stop.

I put my stuff down and leaned onto a street pole trying to catch my breath. "Man I'm out of shape" I mumble to myself. I'm not fat, I just never run.

I saw an air port, I guess I should just leave, mabey to California.

I remembered all the stories my mom talked about, when I couldn't sleep she would come and snuggle me and tell me about all the things she's ever done and California was here favorite place.

My mother died when I was 12, My father had murdered her and my 4 year old sister but that's another story. So he pretty much raised me for a while. I'm 18 now.