Prologue🎃 The Strange Teen of Halloween

When Katsuki was young, he was saved by a stranger.

It wasn't anything too heroic. Just someone helping out a little kid from some neighborhood bullies. He felt as though he could handle them himself, even though he was only seven years old at the time while the bullies were at least ten. His savior had to be a teenager, possibly fifteen. And he was secretly thankful that they came to his aid. That's when he felt as though he had a real friend.

•••••••••

Little Katsuki was walking along the leaf covered sidewalk, heading home after a long day of school. He hummed a made-up song to himself, just minding his own business while the cool breeze of autumn nipped at his bare arms and legs. Suddenly two boys came from behind a some trash cans and stood in his way. His red eyes glare up at them. He did his best to look intimidating, but honestly he was pretty scared.

      "What do you want?" He plays his fear of well. Hiding his quivering voice behind a scowl. One of the bullies laugh. He has dark brown hair and almond shaped eyes. "You got money on you loser?"

      "What makes you think I have money on me?"

      "Hah? Don't you use money for lunch? I'm sure you have some left over."

      "I don't. Now leave me alone or else I'll beat you up! Gah!?" The second bully comes up behind him and lifts Katsuki up by his armpits. The blond kicks and thrashes around in hopes of breaking himself free. But the older kids were a little stronger than him. And that thought angers him. "Let me go! You're the losers! You're picking on little kids for loose change!"

"Shut up and quit fight'n us dumbass!"

"Yeah! Be a good team player and hand us your damn money!"

The first bully grabs for the pocket of Katsuki's shorts. The child gasps and with full force he kicks him. The brunette stumbles back. The other bully drops Katsuki and runs over to their friend. This gives Katsuki the chance to flee from them. He hears the injured bully yell at the other boy and their footsteps are faintly heard. Katsuki huffs as he runs through the side of the neighbors houses. Dogs could be heard barking as he goes through their backyards. "Get back here you brat!"

I am not going to let them find my house! Katsuki takes a detour and heads for the park. He already knows he's going to be one of the bullies' main targets. Having them waiting outside is a true nightmare.

      As he was running, he suddenly slips and with a cry he tumbles down the hill and skids to a stop. He lays there for a minute, letting his body register the pain his body felt. But when he heard their voices he was quick to get up. "Get back hear I said! You can't outrun us!!!"

      "Just leave me alone", Katsuki calls back. He stops to pick up a rock and throws one at them. The rock was the size of his hand if he balled it into a fist. It doesn't reach them and they laugh about it. They were only six feet away. And if he tried to run now he was–for sure–a goner. But then the sun was blocked and he looks up to see someone standing in front of him. They had green curly hair, looking beyond untamed. They wore a grey blazer with green pants and red bulky shoes that were possibly too big for his feet.

      Luckily the bullies stopped, and they had a face that showed fear as they stared at the stranger. They slowly take steps back, keeping their guard up. "F-freak! It's him! That freak from that apartment building!" The brunette pushes the raven haired boy out of the way before running off. The other picks himself up and runs after them. Katsuki watched in awe. They just suddenly ran off, while calling the person a degrading name. But they ran away like a bunch of scared babies.