chapter nine

Louis' POV

When I see Harry standing at the door, I'm reminded of how mad his dad is. I don't know why Harry's dad had been so mad when he saw me, I'm not sure I want to know. I was considering slamming the door in Harry's face, but figure that would make things worse. Instead I just stood there thinking about what I could have done.

Whatever it was, it must be bad. I mean, I haven't done anything. I got here last night, I haven't had enough time to screw something up. Have I? I hear myself gasp, but it doesn't register in my brain. Neither does Harry concerned face, I'm probably pale and clammy looking, but I don't even care at the moment.

I did do something wrong. Last night when I was walking back from my room, I went the wrong way and ended up in a room that I wasn't meant to be in. Had someone seen me? There was no one around that I could see. I thought about it, and the memory came back to me quickly.

*Flashback*

Harry is so cute. I wonder if I can get out of this whole marriage thing and be with him instead...probably not, but for one more night I'm single, so I can think whatever I want and not feel guilty about it.

I turn the corner and keep walking, totally lost in my day dreams. Well, night dreams I suppose. I turn another corner and then realized I'm lost. I sigh to myself and continue to walk around, determined to find my way on my own. Even if I had wanted directions, it was three in the morning, who would be working this late?

I notice a small trap door. I shouldn't snoop, but I can't help it. I open it up and see stairs.

They are less extravagant them the other staircases in the palace. I tried to remember what floor I was on. The second, right? I knew my way around the first floor, and once I find the staircase down there I know where to go.

What could I possibly lose?

I walked to the stairs and looked down. It got dark at some point, but there were little lights lining the walls. This staircase was very peculiar. It was still nice, just not as nice as everything else. It looks sort of out of place. As long as it takes me where I need to go, it should be fine.

Its not like it was falling apart. the stairs were made of cement, instead of marble covered by a layer of carpet like the other stairs. It didn't look super safe, if I fell I would probably be injured.

I walked down the steps for a while and looked for a door, after a while, it became clear these stairs didn't lead anywhere, and where just a mistake. I was about to give up, when I saw a sign.

Playroom

Playroom? What on earth is a playroom doing this deep in the castle? And why would they have a room for kids when they only had one? Did the prince have a sibling I didn't know about? I don't know much about him, so it would make sense if he did and I didn't know. I shrugged and kept walking. I came to a door. I turned the knob, and it was unlocked. I pushed the door open.

Jesus Christ!

This is not what I was expecting.

The room had lights everywhere, when I flipped the switch, they lit up red. There was a bed in the middle, pushed up against the wall. Next to the bed was a night stand, it had a lot of drawers. Too many drawers for it to be a normal nightstand. On another wall was a giant cabinet. I resisted the temptation to open it. The next wall was covered in belts, whips, and other things like that. All hung up nice and neat. There was some speakers sitting on the floor, next to one of the outlets. It was full of other things that I couldn't even name.