If You Should Find Me

If You Should Look For Me.
  If you should look for me, years down the road, here’s what you should know.
I know not where I will be. Maybe I’ll be in Canada, in a cozy home, with them.
Maybe I’ll be wandering by the sea, just me and the breeze, young and free.
For the breeze is someone new every day.
Maybe I’ll be in the mountains, just me and my cats and my goats. Living sustainably off the land. My garden and me, in harmony.
Or maybe I’ll be in the desert, dazed and confused from a night long gone. My little car and I,  worshipping freedom.

If you should look for me, I know not who I’ll be.
Maybe I’ll be Elenore, free, wild, and fun. Not knowing where I am, or where I’m going,
But knowing that I am where I’m meant to be.
Or maybe I’ll be Jeanie, a nature-loving hippie, full of earth and love.
I could be Avalon, mysterious and magical.
Of course, I could remain Phoebe. Who is all of these people, embodied in one vessel.

Alas, if you should find me, I will remember you.
How you made me feel.
No matter which lover or soul-family-member long lost in the path of life you may be.

I can’t forget any of you,
I loved you then, I love you now, and I will love you, if you should find me.

.
.
.
Pep