Chapter 28

With the arrival of Monday, you were grateful to have the mansion to yourself for a bit. You would have went to your day job, but you were in charge of the prom decor, and seeing that everyone went on the trip, you had to shoulder on the responsibility.

"Come on Y/n.." You encouraged yourself to stop your hands from trembling so you could tie a knot, but failed miserably. Putting down the small Hulu hoop covered in white fairy lights, you searched for the aircon remote. Putting on its lowest temperature and on high speed, you slipped on shorts and took off your shirt, leaving you in your red bra. Feeling slightly more cooled down from your unbelievably hot body, you reached for your bag to take another pill, thinking it'll stop the trembling but in fact it would only make it worse.

Your sense of logic wasn't there anymore, so you didn't realize that the trembling wasn't a sign of the tablet waring off, but rather there's too much of methamphetamines in your body. It's purpose it's too increase every metabolic process in your body to stay awake, like a surge of adrenaline. And just like normal adrenaline, when there was alot coursing through your veins, you would automatically start shaking, but your mind was too hazy to remember that, including the lack of awareness to your increased body temperature. It didn't occur to you that it's impossible for today's weather to be unbearably hot by the dark cloudy scenery of the sky, sign of a potential storm brewing. In your mind, you just assumed your burning up temperature was because of the weather, not an effect of the pill.

Downing your bottle of water to get the pill down, you sat back down on the bed and continued to play a Physical science Olympia audio of questions and answers in the form of true and false so you could kill two birds with one stone - get some studying done and do the decor.

".. True."

".. False, 36 mols are needed."

"..False,that's the 2nd law of thermodynamics. ''

".. True. "

" Awfully cold in here isn't it? ~"

" False. Wait - " Averting your eyes to the door you saw Hisoka walk in.

" What are you doing - never mind." You sharply cut yourself off before getting off to leave the room. However before could, you felt him grab your arm, but unlike the last time, it was rather delicate.

"Don't leave please."

Hearing the distant plea of seriousness but gentleness in his voice, you didn't snag your arm away from him to leave like before. Instead you just stood there, waiting, listening. However during your wait, you realized that you were only in a bra and shorts.

Hisoka let go of your arm, and kept his eyes fixed on yours that seemed to be scanning the room for the closest clothing. "It's okay, you don't need to cover up. I'll keep my eyes on yours. Not an inch further down." Hisoka's surprisingly assured you. Seeing the truth in his words based on how he looked into your bloodshot orbs, you could tell he was serious and this wasn't his usual perverted joker moves. Only because you truly were scorching under your own skin, you decided to remain as you were, at this point putting on anything more will fry your brain.

"So what do you want?"You cut to the chase.

With a few seconds of stillness, a box of chocolates Hisoka seemed to have behind his back appeared in front of you.

" Your favorite, as a peace offering and an apology for Friday night. What I said.. "Hisoka trailed off, it being clearly obvious that he's not the type to ever say sorry by seeing how much pride swallowing it took to utter the word 'apology.'

"..."

"..They say when a person is angry they speak the truth.. You were merely just telling me what you believed." You replied with a sad undertone.