Chapter 2 "Little Surprises"

~NORMAL POV~

Spock, who was about four months pregnant (and looked like he was almost 8 months), was sitting at his post and scanning the desolate planet Hoth trying to find and lock onto the life signals of Kirk, Sulu, Chekov, and Bones. After he found the four men, he told Scotty to beam them back on board the ship. When the men were beamed aboard, Chekov ran to the bathroom, and gave up the borscht he ate for lunch earlier into the toilet. Sulu ran out of the teleporter room and into the bathroom to comfort his pregnant lover. Spock walked out of the room, down the hall, and into his and Kirk's quarters, and laid down on the soft mattress. After about five minutes, he picked up the remote from the bedside table. He turned on the large TV, and flicked through the channels, stopping at Channel 664. A marathon of Tom and Jerry was on. Spock watched and had a look of curiosity on his face. He got up, and walked over to his black dresser. He opened the top drawer, and pulled out a grey wife beater. Then, he slipped off his blue uniform shirt, and took a moment to look at his 4 month baby bump. He placed his hand onto the bump, and felt two kicks from the two unborn babies. After this, he put on his wife beater, and said to himself, "Fascinating.", then walked back over to the bed, sat down, and laid back onto the soft black pillow. That's when Kirk walked into the room.  " Hey there Spock. I gave Scotty the conn for the rest of the trip to Thundoris II. So I can stay with you. Oh! McCoy wanted me to let you know that you have to go to Sickbay for an ultrasound right now. I'll walk with you." Spock nodded, and slipped on an oversized tee shirt that said "Only Real Men Have Twins." After that, he and Kirk walked down the hall, and down to Sickbay. When they got there, McCoy helped Spock onto the bio bed. Spock thanked him, and leaned back onto the pillows as McCoy instructed. McCoy pressed a button, and the ultrasound screen lowered itself from the ceiling. When it did, McCoy pressed the power button, and picked up the probe wand from the table. He plugged it into the heart monitor, and set it back down. He opened a drawer and grabbed a tube of blue ultrasonic gel, opened it, and squirted a coin sized glob onto Spock's stomach, causing the pregnant Vulcan to shiver. "Sorry. I forgot to tell you that the gel is cold." McCoy said apologetically. Kirk stroked Spock's hand with his thumb, and McCoy picked up the probe wand. He placed the wand onto Spock's abdomen, and moved it around. When he reached the left side of Spock's belly, he picked up a strong heartbeat. When he did, he gasped, and said, "This one's got a strong heart." He moved over to the right, and picked up another strong heartbeat. Spock was in awe of the two heartbeats of his unborn babies. McCoy flicked a small switch, and the two tiny babies appeared on screen. Kirk wiped a tear from his eye when he saw the two tiny lives moving around. Spock was looking at the screen with a look of fascination on his face as the twins moved around inside of his belly. Scotty walked in, having given Sulu the conn. When he walked over to McCoy, he heard the heartbeats of the twins nestled inside of Spock. He also saw their image on the screen, and he stared in awe. "Wow. That's a sight to see. Congratulations sir." Kirk looked over at the engineer, and thanked him. After that, McCoy asked Spock if he wanted to know the twins' genders. Spock nodded, and Kirk agreed too. McCoy moved the probe wand around, and he got two good angles of both babies and said, "Alright. Baby number one is a boy, and baby number two is a girl. Congrats you two." He wiped the Vulcan's bump off, and helped him up. Spock thanked him again, and Kirk asked for prints. McCoy printed off two images of both babies, and handed them to the smiling captain. Kirk thanked McCoy, and he and Spock walked out of the room. Spock looked at the two pictures, and thought to himself, "Truly very fascinating. It is very rare for males of my species to become pregnant. Let alone with twins. This is truly a  very rare occurrence." Kirk smiled, and said, "I can't believe we're having twins! One boy, one girl. I'm so exited!" Spock placed his hand onto his belly, and felt two kicks from the twins making the Vulcan gasp. When Spock gasped, Kirk looked over at him with fear in his eyes. Spock looked at Kirk, and said, "Do not worry Thy'la. It was just the twins kicking. I assure you that I am not in labor." Kirk sighed in relief, and patted Spock's tummy. Spock asked the captain if he could go back to his post, and Kirk agreed. Spock and Kirk parted ways, as Kirk had to get back to his post. Spock waddled down the hall, and made it back to his and Kirk's quarters. When he did, he went over to the dresser and grabbed his uniform and then put it on. He finished getting ready, and waddled out of his and Kirk's quarters, and down the corridor. When he got to the Bridge, he sat in a chair in Uhura's place, and hailed frequencies. After about twenty minutes, he felt two sets of kicks and assumed that the twins were hungry. He was feeling a bit peckish too. So with help from Chekov, he stood up and waddled into his room and grabbed a granola bar he kept in his bedside table drawer, and he ate it. When he finished, he waddled back out of his room, to his station and sat slowly down in his chair. He sighed softly, and rubbed small circles into his large belly trying to soothe the kicking twins. Kirk walked over to him, and smiled, patting his large tummy. McCoy walked into the room and smirked. He walked over to the smiling captain and whispered into his ear, "I think it's time Spock took some paternity leave." Kirk nodded in agreement, and Spock looked up at the two men. McCoy told Spock that he needed to come to Sickbay for a routine physical exam. Spock nodded, and stood up. He followed McCoy down the hallway, and Spock sat onto the biobed. McCoy ran his tricorder over the Vulcan's belly, and smiled. "The babies are fine, and they have very strong heartbeats. Remember to eat well, and sleep for eight hours. Oh! And no strenuous activities." McCoy said sternly. Spock nodded, and stood up with McCoy's help. He waddled out of sickbay, and back to his quarters. He sat on his bed, and rubbed circles into his large belly trying to soothe the kicking twins. Kirk walked in, and smiled at Spock who was singing a Vulcan lullaby to his belly. Spock stopped singing, and looked up at Kirk. He gestured to Kirk to sit. Kirk sat next to Spock, and placed a hand on the pregnant Vulcan's very large belly. When he did, he felt a set of strong kicks. Spock looked at Kirk, and said, "looks like the twins know who their father is. They are very strong. A favorable trait in Vulcans." Kirk looked at Spock, and noticed that his facial features had softened. He piped up and said, "Spock. Your face looks a little bit softer. You look very content, and happy." Spock blushed a light shade of green. Kirk chuckled, and kissed Spock on the cheek. Spock got up with help from Kirk, and waddled out of the room. He waddled down the corridor, and into messhall. He grabbed a tray, waddled over to the food replicator, and then ordered a big huge bowl of strawberry and vanilla ice cream with Skittles, peanut butter, pickles, caramel, and Vulcan plomeek soup on top. He grabbed a spoon, and shoveled spoonfuls of the concoction into his mouth. When he finished, he burped, and set the dish aside. He waddled out of the mess hall, and into his and Kirk's shared quarters, and sat onto the bed. He laid back, and fell asleep, turning over onto his side, and breathed softly and evenly. Kirk walked in, and smiled at the sight. He walked over to the side of their bed, and pulled the covers over the sleeping form of his Thy'la. He kissed the sleeping Vulcan on the forehead, and left the room quietly. *the end*(for now)