The House Cup

Everyone was up a bit earlier than usual in the Slytherin house, it had been a couple days since the incident with the stone. Harry had been out cold since the incident and the news spread fast through Hogwarts, Snape hadn't talked to any of them since either. Today was the last day of the year at Hogwarts which meant the House Cup celebration would be happening today.

Sierra was packing her things quietly, everyone else seemed to be quite excited to get the year over but she was dreading it. She didn't have a home, Hogwarts was the closest thing she had to it right now, maybe if she just happened to accidentally miss the train? She sighed a little as she put her last few clothing items in the suitcase before closing it.

"Are you alright Sierra?" Kacey asked from behind her.

"Yeah, I'm alright" Sierra said as she turned to face her giving her a reassuring smile.

"I can't wait to go back home! I haven't seen my dog in ages, I definitely don't miss my sister but I'm excited to see everyone again" Kacey chirped with a bright smile, "You must be excited to see your parents again as well?"

Sierra managed to pull a smile on her lips "Yeah, I haven't stopped thinking about them" She said and quickly looked away to make sure everything was packed, and also in hopes to change the subject. "One thing I am excited for is winning the House Cup, We worked so hard, but what exactly does it give us besides just being the most successful class of the year?"

One of the Second years butted in on the conversation. "Basically our crest will have a cup under it next year along with a few other benefits that will be decided next year, we should get going before we are late."

Sliding on their robes the four left the dorm and made their way to the line of students forming in the common room. The prefect gave a quick speech saying it was a pleasure to be their prefect and how good of a year it was. After a couple more announcements the Slytherins finally made their way to the great hall. Taking a seat she took a good look around spotting Dante in the Gryffindor table, ever since the stone Sierra found him to be a little more tolerable than she thought. Did it stop the teasing and borderline harassment? Not one bit, it honestly had worsened. Ever since they had gotten to know each other they had gotten a bit more comfortable, just the other day she definitely had tripped him in front of a girl he had been obviously crushing on. She was a Hufflepuff, overly nice to every soul that she encountered. She had an elegant brown complexion and curly brown hair along with golden eyes. Most interestingly, she was a muggle born. Sierra enjoyed having this information a little too much. Mr. You shouldn't talk to a pureblood like that falling for the most Hufflepuff Muggle born to roam the earth? Now that, she had a field day with.

Looking elsewhere she spotted Cedric at the Hufflepuff table, he was sitting with a bunch of his friends, she wasn't the best at remembering all of their names but by this point she was used to seeing them around. Cedric would still walk her to classes whenever they stumbled upon each other, she never asked him to but he still did it regardless.

The sound of glass being tapped interrupted the chatter of students and the room got quiet as everyone looked over to the table with all of the professors. Dumbledore stood up looking out upon the four tables. "Another year gone, and now as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding and the points stand thus, in fourth place, Gryffindor with three hundred and twelve points"

Snickers were heard across the hall and not only from the Slytherin table. Although Slytherins and Gryffindors were known to have rivalry, the irony of Gryffindor being in fourth was worth a laugh for everyone. Gryffindors are fixated on the idea of natural success. As in, because of their characteristics they sometimes feel entitled to that success without putting in the work, just expecting it to magically happen. Slytherins were very similar, entitled to the success but only because they had made it so it was guaranteed to achieve it. Eventually a slow clap was given out for them.