36

4 months later; approximately a month before graduation

(Y/n)'s pov 

Many things have happened these past few months. Hinata met my parents. He aced his exam with a  B+, and our relationship has been stronger than ever. You might be wondering, what exactly went down with the whole parents' situation since I was overly freaked out over this 'life-changing moment'

Well...

4 month's ago

"So, what do you do, Hinata?" My father kept a discreet look as he asked Shouyou, who sat next to me at the dinner table. 

I played with my fingers under the table. We didn't really tell him or my mother that we've been going out for a month already. As of right now, they just see us as friends, or well, a tutor and her student. 

"I play volleyball, sir." By looks of Shouyou, he looks like he's about to give in. I really wish I could just hold his hand and tell him to calm down. But sadly, now wasn't the time for that. 

My mother added into the 'conversation' "Oh, y'know, I played a bit of volleyball back in my high school days." She chuckled. "What position do you play, dear?" 

I played with the food on my plate with my chopsticks, listening in carefully. 

He replied quickly, but I heard a hint of excitement in his voice. "Middle blocker." His smile seemed more genuine. Perhaps it was the sudden mention of volleyball? 

My father's mouth curved upwards. Was he smiling? Was my father capable of that sort of gesture?

"That was my favorite position, I remember when (Y/n) was young, she was always afraid of the ball." 

I felt a blush on my face, from embarrassment. "Dad.." I mumbled. 

Shouyou seemed more interested now. "Y-You played volleyball, sir?" 

"Ah, not played, I still do." He chuckled. "Occasionally though, I often miss the sport a lot. (Y/n)'s mother and I always encouraged her to try it out someday." 

"Eh, I guess it's not for everyone.." I shrugged my shoulders hearing my mother laugh. 

"What kind of girls are you into, Hinata?" My mother asked, eyeing me. 

"M-Mom?!" I stammered. Suddenly feeling my face go red. 

Shouyou coughed. "U-Uh, I'm not sure, Ma'am." But he looked down and smiled at me. "Maybe, someone whose smart!" He exclaimed, which sort of startled me. I didn't think he'd be interested in answering the question.

My dad laughed, which seemed unlikely during a conversation like this. 

"Someone must be eyeing my daughter." 

My heart basically stopped.

Did he catch on? That quick?! 

Both Hinata and I went silent. Not short after my dad laughed along with my mom. 

"Oh (Y/n), relax." My mom wiped a fake tear from laughing. "It's okay. We know."

"Eh, you what now?" My eyes widen. My heart was beating so fast, I couldn't say the same for Hinata who was practically stunned. 

"That one weekend. Your father saw you two." He nodded as an agreement. 

"S-Seriously? And you didn't say anything about it...?" Fear soon washed over. 

"I-I like your daughter." Hinata interrupted. Oh great. 

"N-Not just like.. I can't put it into w-words, but she's amazing." He stammered. I turned over to my dad who was just listening, no mad or shocked expression on his face. "She helped me pass m-my preliminary exam as well!" He turned to me. "I think you're getting it all wrong, sir, I apologize, but, I love your daughter, and she loves me too." 

I blushed at his words. My dad cleared his throat. 

"Teenagers these days." He muttered, my mom playfully rolled her eyes. 

"Young man, know your boundaries. I allow it." He eyed Shouyou from head to toe. But my eyes sparkled. 

"D-Dad? You mean it?" I felt so happy that I could cry.

He crossed his arms. "Don't end up making me change my mind." 

"T-Thank you, sir!" Hinata stood up and bowed down, hitting his head on the table by accident.

You're probably wondering now, what's left? Happily ever after right? Sadly,

I'm probably having the worst moment of my life now. 

Present day

"Y-You're leaving? After graduation...? Shouyou, what are you saying?" My heart was on the verge of shattering. I held back the tears that were starting to fall. 

"I-I couldn't find the right time to tell you, (Y/n)..." He grabbed my shoulders gently. "It's only two years! I-It's about that special training I mentioned a while ago...!"

I choked on my words. "Two?" My heart was aching, two years without Hinata? Why so soon? 

Author's note: Hello ❤️, I apologize, half of this chapter seems anticlimactic (especially the parents part!!), I am fully aware! Although, I feel like focusing on the main characters is much more needed, since I barely go into detail at times! Most chapters are short, hence there being so many! Please stay tuned for the next one :)