𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦 ~ 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘶𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘳

It's around half one before I've finally calmed down and started to get ready to see Ed's dad.

Giving me some needed space, Ed heads off to the Oasis for a bit, working a shift that he doesn't actually have.

Glaring up at the cloudy sky, I realise there's no point in trying to get my solar shower working now, so I drag a brush through my tangled, knotty, sea-tumbled hair, prior to massaging some leave-in shampoo (still Aussie, of course).

As I try and decide what to wear, butterflies are somersaulting in every part of my body, not just my stomach or my heart.

I finally decide on a floral mini skirt and a cute vest that (appropriately) has small butterfly printed onto it. Biting my lip and glancing at myself in a compact mirror, I grab a light cardigan as well.

I quickly drag some mascara over my eyes, but that's all I need, 'cos being in the sea does wonders for my skin.

I really want to make the right impression on Ed's dad, and I don't think he'll approve if I walk in not wearing a great amount of clothing, or too much makeup.

A car pulls up alongside Bessie and honks its horn loudly.

What the hell?

Frowning, I slide the side door open and glare at the pickup truck that's parked extremely close to me. But my frown melts and my glare glides away; it's Ed. He's come to pick me up to take me to his...his house.

"Hey, gorgeous." He grins, arm hanging out the window.

God, he looks so effortlessly cool.

"Hey." I blush, "Lemme grab a few things and then I'll lock up."

"Sure thing." He responds.

Throwing a small shoulder bag over my shoulder, I jump out of my van, sliding the door shut and locking Bessie up.

"I'll be back soon." I whisper to her, but I really don't know whether I will be or not.

"You ready?" Ed asks, as I hesitate before jumping into the truck.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I breathe out.

"He'll love you, don't worry." Ed responds as he pulls out of the parking lot, and heads towards the main road.

"Hmm." Is all I can trust myself to say.

The roads are surprisingly quiet, but then again, it is a Wednesday afternoon. The sea stays on our left for the entire journey, and Ed avoids Los Angeles, sticking to the narrow, coastal road, as we head on and on.

The journey is only an hour, but it feels like much longer, especially since I can't think of anything to say, sitting mute, watching the world go by outside the window.

"We're nearly there." Ed says after an eternity of silence.

"I'm nervous." I tell him, fiddling with the hem of my skirt.

"Hey, now. You don't have to be." He reaches over and takes my hand, linking our fingers together, and I look up at him.

"I know." I really don't know, all I know is that I want to make Ed smile, and I want to make him happy.

After a few more minutes of silence, I ask, "So, are we going to your house or to where your dad works?"

"Home." He nods, keeping his eyes fixed on the road ahead.

"Cool." I nod as well, biting my lip.

What if he doesn't like me? What if he thinks I'm not right for Ed? What if he thinks I'm just screwing around? What if, what if, what if?