The Leader

The soft clicks of the spring rain echoed throughout the café as 35 year old Kim Namjoon sat and drank his coffee. He sighed as he checked his watch. 2:30pm. Why was she not coming? His girlfriend that he had been dating for two months, Lee Minyoung, had supposed to meet with him. The movie was about to start soon at the cinema adjacent to the café. "Did you have some thing that came up? I can cancel the movie if you want" he texted her. Ten minutes later and their was still no response. "I should just go myself. I shouldn't waste the tickets," he thought to himself.
When he got to the cinema, the movie had already started. He hastily handed in the the ticket to the front and ordered a bucket of popcorn with Maltesers and cola.
The movie was about a young couple that had been married for 5 years. The couple was struggling financially and needed to get money quick. When the woman met a rich CEO at a coffee shop. She quickly charmed him. They started dating for months until the man realized that little by little his paychecks and what he had in his bank account doesn't match up. After getting back from a business trip, he found his girlfriend in bed with another man, as we know, her husband. The CEO was devastated and turned to drinking. Since all of his friend left him because he reached success fast, he had no one to turn to.
When the movie ended Namjoon got up to throw away his trash when he heard a familiar voice yawn and say "Oppa, that was such a boring movie. Like a CEO? Really? Why not like a pop star or an actor?" Namjoon dropped his cola. His blood froze his veins, his muscles, everything that allowed him to speak or walk. A strangled gasp escaped his throat, causing Minyoung to look over in his direction. She had her arms wrapped around anothe arm of a handsome man. "Joon Oppa?" Minyoung replied. She was clearly startled.
"Minyoung. What's going on here?" He managed to form a question, though it sounded more like a confirmation. Minyoung frowned and said, "I'm sorry Joonie-" he flinched at the way she said his name. How could she still speak so casually to him in a situation like this? "- but I want you to know that it was never gonna work out. Honestly I approached you because you were once part of a famous group. Since I am aspiring to be in a girl group, I thought my and your relationship could make headlines and get me seen y'know? But then I got to know you and I thought you were kind of boring. Besides being in a boy group and having lots of money, you aren't that interesting." She slid the ring he got her off her finger, took his shaking hand, and placed the ring in his palm. The cold metal felt warm against his hand. " I'm sorry, but me and you, we need to move on." The way she said it was so straight forward, that it hurt even more than it should have. He took a strangled breath of air and ran out into the streets. "How ironic," he thought, his life was literally the movie that he had just seen. Suddenly realizing that he was soaking wet from the rain he ran back to the cinema. He had forgot his umbrella.