MEMORIES

On April 11 the life of a young Innocent child turned upside down. From a tender age Maria had no choice but to stand up for herself .Mother being an alcoholic and father being behind bars. She was only nine years old when she was hit with the brutally harsh reality that her father was never coming home.

Maria sat in Romane's lap mindlessly swirling his blonde curls around her finger. "baby" he utteterd his common word of endearment rubbing her back has he stared up on her beautiful melanated face "hmm" was the only response she gave, her mind drifting back to that horrific cold winter night.

Her mother held her tiny frame ever so closely to her body, drawing her away from the scene. As the police beat her poor old father to a pulse, his thin feeble body crumbling to the floor.
A tear found its was down her dark blotchy cheeks and deposited it's self onto her white chapped lips.
Watching on "racism is playing a big role in this injustice" she thought. It was long known that people of coloured were not allowed out pass midnight. Her father,John had just wanted his family to experience the feeling of freedom. So every Wednesday night he would ensure that they stayed just a little longer than they were suppose to. It was obvious that tonight did not work in his favour. His screams could be heard from miles away as the baton met his flesh. Blood seeping through his once white cotton shirt .
Alas the tarment was over as the police drew his weak, torn, distorted body up. His shallow breathes could be heard, as he was pushed into the back of the police vehicle.
It was against the law for women to be abused in that time.
Hence Maria and her Mother surviving that night without a scratch .
Not too long before that everything was perfect. Her papa held her close to his chest,the melodious sound of his heart beat soothing to her ears. He whispered sweet nothing to his baby girl, her giggles echoing through out the cold dark streets as he stared into the eyes of his beloved wife,but suddenly bright blue and red lights lit up the streets,the annoying bleeping sound of the siren they were accustom to consuming them. While in the process changing the calm and peaceful atmosphere. This time was obviously different from the others.The car raced towards them giving absolutely no time for them to excape,to run,to hide.

✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓
(A/N)
Hey lovelies 😊 ❤️, don't be afraid to comment, this is my first book on here so let me know what you think. Tag along it gets way more interesting 🙃🥳