...Such Sweet Sorrow...(Part 2)

As the sun was setting on my last day with Ayra, we were able to snag another ride on the Ferris Wheel. We'd found a carnival on the outskirts of Paris and she had never been, so I took the opportunity to make it a night to remember. 

When the wheel stopped at the top for a third time, she looked out in awe. And guilt overtook me. "I'm sorry...I really am Ayra..."

"Why?" She asked, never breaking away from the horizon.

I felt tears start up again and sucked in a breath. "Are you...Are you still gonna be able to see sights like this? Where ever you're going?"

"No."

"Oh...Will you...Will you still be free...?"

"Free...?"

"Like, able to fly around and hide in pockets or-"

"No." She cut me off.

And then there was silence...

"Oh god..." The tears started falling, and only when I was fully sobbing, did she look away from the view. Concern fell on her tiny features and I couldn't help but apologize again. "I'm so so sorry! Ayra, please don't hate me. If you want I'll change my mind and I'll stay Paon and then you'll be able to stay free and-"

"Breathe," She flew closer to me and sat on my shoulder. She leaned her head against my cheek. "I understand that you're upset, but I could never hate you, dummy. But if I stayed...I would only feel hatred."

"Why?"

"Because you know-and I know-that if you stayed Paon you wouldn't be happy. And I would hate myself for doing that to you...We both know--deep down--that your time as Paon was only temporary. And that's okay..."

"Not if you're trapped somewhere, cold, alone and by yourself, never free to get out and-"

"I won't be alone. And it's not like I'll be there forever. There will be another Paon...Either soon or some time in the future. I'm alright with either...Some Kwamis have been waiting much longer then I will. It's okay...I promise, (Y/N) I'm okay." She nestled against me again.

"I still feel terrible. It's like I'm imprisoning you..." 

"Perish the thought. You allowed me the chance to have fun and help people. Plus you re-introduced me to ice cream, so you're kinda the best in my book." She disappeared into my pocket-the one closest to my heart as the Ferris Wheel slowly descended. "I love you, (Y/N). Maybe not to the same degree as Cat, but it's love all the same. Thank you."

***********************************************************************************************

"AHHHH!" 

I was on my feet in an instant but immediately felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. I looked over to Rose who just barely shook her head. She tightened her grip, steering me and Juleka into a hiding spot within the cafe.

"Ladybug and Cat Noir will be here to help soon. Don't worry." She said half threatening, half reassuring me. 

As much of a surprise as it was, Rose was pretty keen on keeping my secret. Not even her girlfriend knew, which led to Juleka looking worriedly at me. "That won't be...messy? (Y/N) and Cat didn't really have a...clean breakup."

I shook my head with a smile, "Don't worry about me, Juleka. I already know that if he so much as looks at me wrong you and Rose are going in swinging."

A blush crept onto her cheeks, and she moved a part of her bangs out of her face. "Yeah...I guess..." 

I laughed lightly as a warmth filled my chest. A part of me ached to run out into the streets and help in whatever way I could. But I knew I would only get in the way. So instead, I fought the urge and just huddled in safety with my girls.

And in that moment I realized that being present when people are scared or worried could also help them.