Chapter 10

**(Edited)**

Grant's POV

I smile as I see Eliza sitting beside me holding her purse in her lap. I'm so happy Tanner called and convinced me to come over to his house for 'paperwork'. I knew he was up to something and when I saw her there, I was so happy. I just can't believe she was engaged, I mean what we promised and what I told her. She's meant to be wife and I know it. She's already made Lacey fall in love with her and I know I never stopped loving her.

I want to meet the sick fuck who cheated on her though.

"You can just take me to my parents house" she rattles off as I pull out of the driveway and down the road.

"No, let's go get your stuff" I tell her as she shakes her head.

"I literally have four bags there it will not take me long tomorrow. I'll just go whenever he's not there, it's fine" she says as I ignore her.

"Tell me the address so we can get your stuff, you aren't going back there alone. If he is there you need someone with you and that's me, and Lacey" I add as she starts clinching her jaw.

"Fine but he's not going to be, he's at work" she adds as I smile.

"What's the address?" I ask as I pull out my phone.

"I'll just tell you how to get there. I don't even know it, I just know what it looks like" she says as I nod.

I look behind me to see Lacey fast asleep. I knew she would crash after dinner, it always happens like clockwork and I know she didn't take a nap from the bags under her eyes earlier.

"Left" she says while looking behind her to see Lacey passed out in her seat.

"She didn't sleep at nap time today. She wanted me to braid her hair" she tells me as I smile. I was wondering where those came from.

"Well, I do need to tell you that she doesn't like many people and the fact that she likes you is amazing." I say while she flashes her perfectly white smile at me.

"I like her too, Grant she's the most respectful and smart little girl" she says as I smile.

"Thank you, I try" I tell her back as she says, "Right" and points right down another long road.

"I know it's not my place but she deserves to move classes, she's too smart" she tells me as a smile breaks across my face. I have spent endless hours teaching her to talk, read, write to the best of her ability, and learn her numbers and that makes me so happy.

"Okay, if you think that's best. You can't get rid of her because you don't want to see me though" I tell her honestly as she shakes her head no.

"I promise I would love to keep her in my class. She's nothing but an enjoyment she just needs something harder. I'm actually quite impressed she's so smart" she smiles as she looks around at Lacey again. I need to tell her the truth about that.

"About Lacey-" I go to start as she cuts me off, "No, you don't need to tell me anything" as she rests her hands in her lap.

"About Lacey, her mom is nonexistent. To be honest I never even knew her name, I got trashed one night and had sex. Nine months later a baby was at my door with a note saying that she was mine and the mom couldn't take care of her. I looked at her and I knew she was mine. It's always been me and her, there's never been anyone but you Eliza" I tell her truthfully as she looks out the window.

"Right" she says as I turn into a decent looking neighborhood.

"Well, even if she was unexpected she's a joy and I already know that you love her with all your heart" she says while smiling at me.