E X P L A I N

Brightness, pure light was being shone in Brooklyn's eyes. She attempted to raise her arm to shield her eyes from the mysterious and bright source, but she couldn't move. Brooklyn discarded the uncomfortable stinging in her eyes and shot them wide open.

She tried her best to focus her eyes on her arm, it was restrained. She found it a chore to turn her head to the other side in order to look at her other wrist which was also restrained. But this wrist looked different, it had a large cast-like patch surrounding it.

Brooklyn went to lick her lips and then did she feel how truly dry her mouth was. It was due to all of the pharmaceutical drugs digested through her mouth and the dehydration from her body trying to produce more of it from the large loss of blood. But she didn't know this, she was only in 9th grade.

Brooklyn pursed her lips as she attempted to recollect her thoughts and memory of why she was here and where exactly she was. Brooklyn blinked blankly as she stared at the white sheets, the grey and navy blue flooring, and the bright window. She was clearly in the hospital. She could hear the distinct sound of the heart monitor close by and the oxygen tank inhaling with every breath she took. What was happening?

Suddenly, in a very sharp flash, a memory resurfaced. As soon as Brooklyn recalled what she did, she shot up and regretted it instantly. She screeched in pain as her body was still very sore, not to mention the aching from her wrist.

"How fucking dumb can I be?!" Brooklyn shouted, glaring down at her patched and restrained wrist. There it was, that still very unfamiliar sensation residing throughout her body, she began rattling with fury. A raging fire began as she felt the sharp pain in her lung every single time she'd breathe.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" Brooklyn muttered through gritted teeth. One single request, not to fail. Simple, and now she was on a breathing machine, restrained to a hospital bed. Now there was most likely a cop outside along with a child psychiatrist. She failed.

Brooklyn shivered as the golden colored knob began rattling. Great. Brooklyn didn't have time to brace for the company of someone else, the company of someone that just viewed her as another failed suicide patient.

Brooklyn's sore and unrested eyes landed on a male with a white coat, a stethoscope, and a clipboard in hand. How typical. "Miss Brooklyn, I'm Dr. Mason, how are you?" Brooklyn felt as if she was going to spit up dust, her mouth felt so anciently dry.

Brooklyn's dilated pupils watched the doctor flip around a writing utensil skillfully while staring at her. Oh great, he had a pen too. "Well?" The doctor pushed, you'd think he was the psychiatrist. "Water." Brooklyn demanded dryly, sounding as if a mummy awaking from the dead.

The doctor smiles and pulls a water bottle from his coat pocket. Brooklyn groans shortly as the oxygen tank continues to flow air in her system, creating a stormy sound. Doctor Mason puts down his clipboard and struts over to the silver platter next to the hospital bed and slaps the water bottle on the tray, along with a small paper cup.

"You may have a lot of questions." The doctor says quietly while pouring a small amount of water in the small cup. "Just give me the fucking water." Brooklyn was able to get a small response out of the doctor before he returned to smiling.

"Sure thing Miss Brooklyn, open wide." The doctor cheered on while lifting the cup to her chapped lips. "I want you to take this damn handcuff off of me and hand me that fucking water bottle." For a dry and sore throat, Brooklyn didn't find a problem in talking, apart from the small burning sensation.

"I am not a police officer and there for I'm not licensed to do that. Now I'll make a deal with you, you can tell me what's on your mind while I help you drink these small portions of water." The doctor says kindly while holding up the plastic cup as though it was a toast.

Brooklyn knew she didn't want to continue to argue with this man, not with a dry throat at least. Brooklyn ends up nodding and the doctor smiles even wider. Brooklyn winces at the sight, you'd think someone was paying him millions of dollars just to smile.

Brooklyn open her mouth and feels the stretch of her lips pull apart and crack in an agonizing manner. She allows the man to pour the water into her mouth. Brooklyn simply closes her mouth and attempts to swallow, but instead, she immediately spits the water up.

Brooklyn's eyes start watering and that trail up to see the doctor with a small pail that caught the water. "Now you know why I'm giving it to you in smaller portions." Brooklyn scowls and attempts to figure out what was wrong with her.

"Don't worry about a thing, this is completely normal, which is how I was able to anticipate your actions." Brooklyn was getting really tired of this man really quickly. "Open wide." The doctor said and Brooklyn looked to see he filled the small cup to the brim this time.

Brooklyn hesitantly opened her mouth again and felt the water moisten her mouth even more while being poured inside, it felt very refreshing. Brooklyn closed her mouth and attempted to swallow, and this time she did but it felt like she was swallowing hardening cement.

"That's it." The doctor encourages and Brooklyn just glares at him. "Now, how does your body feel?" Brooklyn stiffens, she's never really shared such information with anyone, not even her normal pediatric doctors. "Fine, I guess." The doctor poured a little bit more water in the paper cup before pouring it into Brooklyn's mouth again, this time it went down with much more ease.

"I need you to be truthful so I'm able to see if I need to give you anymore pain killers." Brooklyn flinched at this. The thought of these literal strangers drugging up her body while she was unconscious gave her chills.

"I don't know, I'm just hurting." Brooklyn attempts to be more open, but it just comes out as an attitude. "Okay. How often do you usually pee?" The doctor then asks, a little more personal this time. Brooklyn tenses even more, gratefully accepting the cup of water.

"I'm not sure, it depends on how much I drink." Brooklyn answers vaguely. Brooklyn could see that the bottle was nearly empty, it looked like his goal was for her to drink it all without any hiccups.

"When will I be able to go home?" The doctor tilts his head and finishes pouring the last bit of the bottle in Brooklyn's mouth where she swallows it with eagerness. "That I cannot tell you, Brooklyn." And with that, the doctor throws away the now empty bottle and goes to grab his clipboard and pen.

"Well who can?!" Brooklyn nearly shouts, glad that her voice wasn't as rough anymore. "The psychiatrist. You'll need to answer a series of questions for the nice lady where she can tell you and your mother how long you have to stay and where."

Brooklyn quirked an eyebrow and her heart skipped a beat with fear. Her Mother, she didn't think about her. What would she say? What would she think? Would Brooklyn have to tell her the truth? Could she even lie? Would the psychiatrist pressure her into telling her the truth? Where was Tristian?! Was he going to force her to keep her mouth shut? What was she to say?!

"M-my M-mom? Is she here." After jotting down a few things on his clipboard, Doctor Mason turns to face the terrified Brooklyn. "She should be here, yes. Visiting hours are now until 9 p.m., but it's your choice whether you want to see her right now or not. Or anyone for that matter."

Brooklyn's crack bottom lip trembled. If she requested not to see her, her Mother would die! Her Mother would probably blame herself and lose her mind. Suddenly, Brooklyn and Dr. Mason's head snapped to the door that was slammed open with great emotion and a great sense of anger and passion.

It wasn't her Mother. No, but it was just as bad.

"Yoongi?!" Brooklyn yelped out with surprise and fright, even the doctor was a little taken aback, he wasn't supposed to be here. And there stood a furious Yoongi, with a different yet just as expensive suit on, all tattered with rain and small cuts. His eyes looked absolutely murderous, and those murderous eyes were trained on Brooklyn.

"Young man, you cannot be in here!" The doctor began to approach Yoongi in long and authoritative strides, but Yoongi's eyes didn't leave Brooklyn. Yoongi shoved him aside with great force and stomped nearer to a trembling Brooklyn.

"You have a lot to fucking explain!"