15 - Old Habits Die Hard

[Title from 'Finders Keepers' by YMAS]

AN- ffffffuckfuckfuckfuckfcukfuckFUCK. Oh shit, it's been a while, holy sHIT it's been way too long and I'm wayyyy to late. I've been SO busy with everything from social stuff to academics and hobbies and lessons and music and I just had midterms and I've been so unmotivated with so many things but I am WRITING AGAIN oh my. You guys are all so sweet, thank you. I love you. This chapter is extra long for all of you. xx - CC

Max, Matt, Chris, and Dan were lucky. They knew how to suck up to someone, to get someone to like or tolerate them, even if the feelings wasn't mutual. They had charisma, and they got along with everybody.

Me? Not so much.

The moment I made proper eye contact with her, I knew that Morgan and I weren't going to get along too smooth. 

Well, we already knew that from over the phone, I guess.

I was still slouching across the lounge couch, swigging my Dr. Pepper, when she came in. The guys had shoved away their cleaning supplies and sat down at the kitchen booths, twiddling their thumbs and pretending to be good in the most robotic way. As soon as Morgan stepped into the bus unannounced, they pasted smiles on their faces and started laughing and talking in the the most strained and censored way I've ever heard.

'I'm here!!!' A voice squeaked out loud, making me glance up, irritated.

'Ooh, I think I just busted an eardrum from that...' I muttered just loud enough for Max and Matt to hear me. Max sputtered into his coffee and Matt ducked his head into his shoulder, giggling. I smirked to myself as Josh rose with a confused face but made no comment as he walked over and picked Morgan up in a tight embrace.

'I missed you so much!' I scoffed as he twirled her around and kissed her firm on the cheek. Her repetitive giggled were making me want to get sick.

'You have no idea how much missed you.' She squealed as he placed her back down, a wide smile on his face. It was probably something no one in their right mind should think, but I couldn't help myself – I purely hated the look of happiness on Josh's face.

Morgan flipped her hair down her back, going to greet the other guys. Out of the corner of my eye I could see as each of them rose stiffly to open their arms and timidly squeezed her shoulders -- not too hard, not too light. I smiled to myself as she patted Chris' back and exclaimed, 'oh c'mon Chris babe, you can give a tighter hug for your favorite person in the world!' I almost outright laughed when she breathed an 'ooh, not so tight, Dan... you want me to breathe, don't you?'

I swallowed the last bit of my Dr. Pepper before Morgan turned around and I heard an Icy tone of 'who's she?'

I rose my eyes to meet hers, and for the first time I was properly looking at the infamous Morgan. Josh's Morgan.

Even from my low position on the lounge, I could tell she was tall, easily 5'8", but her slim figure made her look even taller. She was wearing a loose fitting 'oversized' sweatshirt, quite evidently Josh's, but so easily made it look like hers. Her raven hair reached down to the curve in her waist, silver highlights running through the fibers like smoke. Her skin was a glowing pale, and every feature was so sharp I didn't know how Josh wasn't bleeding all over from touching her so much. Her eyes had a striking grey color rimmed by near-black, making it almost easy to think why Josh forgot my old green eyes so quickly. No matter which angle I tried to look at her from, no matter how I tried to shift the shadows on her face, I couldn't deny it.

This girl was drop-dead gorgeous, and it was making me paranoid that I was going to slump over the couch any second.

I blinked in response to her earlier question, the glare on my face not changing.