𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 1

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 1: 𝒜 ℳ𝒶𝑔𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁 𝒜𝒹𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒

༺♥༻

The white-haired female stands on the side of the ship looking out at the Statue Of Liberty her green hues widened in excitement. Out of all the places she'd visited she was most excited to visit America. Clasping her hands together she walks over to one of the seats sitting next to a man who smiles at her.

"Aren't you excited, Newt!" she says as she beams at the other who lets out a chuckle.

"I guess not as much as yourself, Diana" he replies when suddenly the latch of one of the cases that sat at their feet pops open, Diana leans down flicking the latch back over as she picks it up and rests it on her lap.

"Dougal, settle down now, please," she says quietly before getting a grumble from the case in response "it won't be long" the grumble continues as she leans her head on it.

✴︎✴︎✴︎✴︎

The two soon arrive at the dock and walk off heading towards customs.

"Next!" the officer takes their passports and looks over them before speaking "British, huh?"

"Yes," Newt replies while Diana looks around.

"First trip to New York?"

"Yes."

"Anything edible in those?" the officer points towards their cases.

"No" the two reply simultaneously.

"Livestock?" just then the latch to the case in Newt's hand pops open, Diana's eyes widen slightly as the officer looks at it.

"Must get that fixed. Um... no" Newt replies closing it.

"Let me take a look" Newt places the case on the small counter flicking a small latch on the front, the officer spins it towards him and opens it revealing nothing but a few bits and pieces. The officer closes it "welcome to New York."

"Thank you," Diana says taking the two passports back as Newt takes the case, the two walk past the officer.

✴︎✴︎✴︎✴︎

"Out of the way, folks. Coming through!"

"This great city sparkles with the jewels of man's inventions. Movie theatres, automobiles, the wireless, electric lights, all dazzle and bewitch us" as Diana and Newt stumble through the crowd, Diana bumps into another woman.

"I'm so sorry," she says a small smile etched on her face as she continues to follow Newt.

"But where there is light, there is shadow, friend" Newt slows to a stop to watch the woman speaking "something is stalking our city, wreaking destruction, and then disappearing without a trace! We have to fight. Join us, the Second Salemers, in our fight" Newt puts down his case just as a man pushes past tripping over it.

"So sorry. My case" Newt picks his case back up once again while the man gets up.

"No harm done... excuse me" with that the man runs up the bank steps.

"You!" the woman protesting points towards Diana and Newt "friends. What drew you to our meeting today?"

"Oh, we were just passing," Diana says.