Chapter 1

Selena POV

Dear Diary,

Today is a new day, today I am going to move on step closer to forgetting, to forgiving, to the future. I am gonna live my LIFE!

SMG

I wrote in my journal. Every morning I try to write at least a sentence on how I feel. My therapist believes that if I keep reminding myself that I can heal, I will be able to do it fast. I really want to but... with all the reports it's... hard. I stand up and walk to the door, before I walk out the door I stop. Selena today is a new day. A good day. Smile and be happy. I walked out and my puppy Winnie followed me behind.

"Sel, morning!" Ashley said to me once I walked in the kitchen. I had my best friends living in my house right now since I fell into a depression and I couldn't continue. So a few of them moved in, my grandparents are also living in the new house with me.

"Morning! What are we eating?" I asked. Walking over to my grandparents and giving them each a hug and kiss.

"I made some pancakes." Nana replied. Smiling, I nodded my head in thanks. Without my grandparents, family, and friends I probably would not be here. I sat down at the dining table and began eating breakfast. I chatted with them and played some music to brighten up the mood. Finally I checked my phone and looked at the messages I had on messages.

Me: You girls free today? wanna come to my house?

Taylor: For you always!

Camila: Yeah

Vanessa: Sure, what's up?

Olivia Wilde: of course girl!

Kacey: duh! where?

Anna: Hands down yeah!

Julia: Girls day? Always!

Gigi: yeah, see you soon!

Me: ok come whenever you want!

I smiled and put down my phone.

"Guys, I invited a few girls over to hang out. Is that ok?" I asked. It was my house but I just wanted to make sure they were all ok with it.

"Girl, this is your house. But yeah I am fine." Courtney replied. They rest nodded and smiled.

"I'll do these dishes and they are coming over soon. So I think I am gonna change" I announced and stood up, brought the dishes with me, and washed them. Climbing up the stairs to my room I picked out a pair of shorts and a sweater. Took my phone out and took a selfie, chose one and posted it on my social media page. Mood lol (I was looking at myself in the mirror -like an idiot!) (September 24, 2018) I only use Instagram to post and raise awareness to things, not really texting or commenting or looking at posts.

"Sel, they are here! Come down and stop posting on instagram!" Ashley yelled. Laughing, I picked up Winnie and walked down the stairs.

"Yeah you guys are here! What do you wanna do?" I asked everyone.

"Oh um. I think we should go out today. You know get out and see the world." Taylor announced. That's weird Taylor normally likes to stay home and just hangout.

"Ummm... why... I mean yeah let's go out!" Camila stuttered. Taylor looked at all of them and they all slowly agreed.

"Sure? Where do you girls wanna go?" I asked.

"Um... give me one minute. Let me check something." Julia replied. Taylor and Julia both took out their phones and swiped around for a few seconds.

"Actually on second thoughts how about we just stay home today. You know it seems like it might rain." Taylor announced.

"No, the sky's blue. Let's go hiking!" I replied.

"Let's not, we can just watch a movie?" Gigi answered.

"What is up with you guys? First you want to go out, next you don't. Let's just go hiking." I said. They gave each other a questioned look and frowned at each other. Finally they stood up and we started to leave. We took 2 cars to the hiking spot. There were only a few paparazzi standing near there, pretty good for a weekend hike. We all walked out and started for the trail.

"Selena Gomez, are you here because Justin is here?" Someone yelled. I froze and looked at Taylor. Taylor gave me a sympathetic look and the rest of the girls stood nearby. Justin? I haven't seen him since... the break up. Taylor dragged me to the trail, hiding from the paparazzi.

"S, you ok? Let's go back home. Come on..." Before Taylor could finish I heard Usher's voice.

"Justin, let's go home. You have to go see her. You made the right choice..." He stopped brutally when he saw Taylor and the girls. They stood in the front to block their view.

"Oh. Taylor so good to see you. Are you here with everyone?" Alfredo said. Clearly asking about if I was here. I peaked over to Justin and saw he was looking around everywhere except the girls and I.

"Yeah, we were going for a hike." Gigi announced. I looked at the sky, the trees, the clouds, the floor. Anywhere but them. The tension here was unbelievable.

"So... umm..." Usher said. Trying to break the awkward silence. I saw the guys look over to Justin, waiting for him to speak.

"Sel..." Justin started.

"Nope!" Taylor automatically cut in.

"I am..." Justin continued.

"Stop!" Julia said.

"Please Selena. Let me explain." Justin pleaded.

Explain what? Why did you get engaged and married in two months? Why did you leave me? Why do you make me feel useless? Why Justin Why? I just need answers, I just need to know why. Then I can move forward. I looked away and bit my lips.

"Selena. Sel..." Justin attempted again.

"Justin! Stop! You lost her once you got engaged to Hailey. Go back to your trophy wife." Vanessa replied viciously. They guys nudged Justin along, trying to get him to walk away, but he stood his ground.

"Please. Selena Please. Please. Just listen, give me one minute. Here you can time it." Justin pleaded. I contemplated over and over if I wanted to know. Alfredo whispered to Justin and his face lit up, Alfredo tugged his arm and finally pulled Justin away. Before he left, he blew me a kiss and I looked the other way.

"Selena, look at me. Don't fall into the trap again. We have watched you get trapped again and again and again and we all know how that ends." Kacey said. I smiled and shook my head.

"I know don't worry I locked that box of love I have for him. Let's go hiking!" I replied and laughed. Pulled out my phone and played our hiking playlist. I looked over to the girls and they were giving skeptical looks at each other.