Chapter 1 Betrayal and Rebirth

Cover made by ladyarchangel74 Thank you very much

The last thing that Kagome remembered was the pain of the arrow piercing her back, and the maniacal laughter of Kikyo as her soul was transferred back to Kikyo. She remembered seeing the shocked look on her friends' faces when Inuyasha hugged Kikyo and didn't pay any attention to Kagome, who lay there dying. In desperation to save Kagome, her friends wished for Kagome to be reborn, even though Kagome tried to stop them.

“Kagome, you deserve happiness,” Sango told her as her friend held Kagome's hand.

“We'll accept whatever consequences the Jewel chooses to give us,” Miroku added.

“I love you guys.”

“We love you too, go in peace, my sister,” Sango sobbed as she kissed Kagome's head.

Shippou cried and kissed Kagome's cheek, and Miroku prayed over her body as the light faded from her eyes, and her body disappeared.

As soon as Kagome's body faded, Sango, in a fit of rage, attacked Inuyasha and Kikyo with her Hiraikotsu. The couple barely had enough time to duck; Kikyo quickly recovered and tried to shoot a sacred arrow at Sango and the others, but found that the Kamis had taken her powers from her. And when Inuyasha pulled Tessaiga from its sheath, the fang did not transform.

“What the hell?!” Inuyasha cried.

Miroku smirked, “Tessaiga has abandoned you, Inuyasha. You didn't protect Kagome. The sword has deemed you unworthy, Isn't that right, Lord Sesshomaru?”

Everyone whipped around and saw Sesshomaru standing there, watching the entire scene, “You are correct, monk. This half breed's only job was to protect the Shikon No Miko, and he failed.”

“I'm the rightful Shikon No Miko,” Kikyo said.

“Then why do you no longer have powers, human?”

Kikyo grew angry and fired an arrow at Sesshomaru that he quickly caught and dissolved, showing it was an ordinary arrow, “You are lost now, Little Brother. Without Tessaiga to protect you, your demon blood will take over, and you will kill your human.”

“I would never hurt Kikyo!”

“We shall see,” And with that, Sesshomaru took Tessaiga and left.

Not wanting to be around Inuyasha anymore, Sango, Miroku, Shippou, and Kirara left as well, leaving the two lovers to their fate. And just Sesshomaru had predicted, a month later, Inuyasha, having transformed into a demon after being attacked, killed Kikyo and was killed as well.

Meanwhile, Kagome was in the dark; then, she felt tremendous pressure. It didn't take Kagome long to realize that she was reborn. Kagome came into the world wailing and cold. Maester Walys cleaned the baby and wrapped her in a warm fur and given to her mother. Lyarra Stark held her twin daughters. She was tired and sweaty and still had the afterbirth to deliver, but she was happy. After giving her husband an heir and a spare, Lyarra finally had her girls. And she loved them dearly.

After giving the twins to the wetnurse to feed, Lyarra delivered the afterbirth. The midwife cleaned Lyarra and then changed Lyarra's bedding. Once everything was clean, the wetnurse brought the girls back to Lyarra. She held her precious daughters and kissed their heads. A few moments later, Lyarra's husband and the love of her life, Lord Rickard Stark, came into the room.

“My love, are you alright,” Rickard asked.

“Of course, my love. Come here and meet your daughters.”