4. Dinner Plans

The match went well, Kuroo's team winning the last 2 sets. Akira was still shocked at how as he didn't recognize Ushijima at first. But then it hit her, his morning practice for volleyball! She felt stupid for not realizing it sooner. He looked like he played basketball from his large built, but volleyball was way better to Akira.

"Thanks for coming, chibi." Kuroo gave his sister a quick hug, noticeably glad she came this afternoon. Her parents didn't want her to pursue volleyball after high school, they wanted her to focus on education since they didn't believe in her physical abilities. She was almost forced to take after her brother. 

But since she lived with her brother for a while, she could pick was she wanted to do. She was always drawn into sports, letting her major in sports management. Akira was never the star player on the court, but she was definitely one of the smartest.

"Yeah, yeah." She laughed at him, heading over to Sugawara and Daichi.

"You'll finish out college for me right, sunshine?" Sugawara was the only person who know how badly she missed playing volleyball, he felt the same way. But he loved being a teacher, it fit him perfectly.

"Always, but what happens after is where everything will go down." She looked down and Suga patted her on the back, making her look back up to him.

"Don't let your parents chose your life. You know you should be on the court, we all do." He looked up to Daichi, who nodded his head in agreement.

"Thank you, both of you. I really appreciate your support." She gave Suga and Daichi a big hug, waving goodbye before Daichi lightly grabbed her arm and pulled her back lightly.

"Don't mind Ushiwaka, he's blinded by volleyball to see his real feelings." He gave her a reassuring smile before grabbing his boyfriend's hand, heading out of the gym. Akira stood there in confusion, why would she be concerned about how he feels? She shook her head and walked over to the three giants.

"Alright Tetsu, you promised food." She gave her brother the look. It was almost as of they could telepathically communicate with one another. Ushijima and Tsukishima were confused at the nonverbal conversation they were having. After a few seconds of weird gestures, Kuroo sighed and Akira smiled to herself.

"Fine, did you both want to come with us?" He asked upsettingly, knowing he was paying.

"Oi, sounds great," Tsuki responded and Ushijima gave a nod. They compromised on going to the place Akira picked, hence she was almost forced to be here. Ushijima didn't say much, as long as he could stick to his diet assigned to him by his trainer, he'd be fine. Akira threw her volleyball shoes in the back of her car before climbing into the driver's seat. She started the car and put on her seatbelt. Ushijima looked at his phone to see a bunch of texts from Tendou

Wakatoshi, where are you?

Are you out with the hottie next door without me? :(

The team is coming over later tonight for drinks.

Ushijima sighed to himself, Akira picking it up pretty quickly.

"You alright?" She asked, Ushijima not breaking his glare away from his phone, fiddling with the buttons on the keyboard.

"Yes, just some old friends coming over later. I was very unaware." Ushijima hit send, replying with a simple ok

"Do you need to go home?" Akira began backing out of the parking spot, putting her hand on the back of Ushijima's seat to see behind her.

"No, I can be late." Akira put her car in drive and nodded at him. 

She pulled out of the parking lot before Kuroo, determined to get there before him. She rested her hand on the gear shift in between their seats and the other hand resting on top of the steering wheel, tapping her finger to the light sound of music. The silence in the car grew more and more awkward. They both stared ahead at the road, Akira breaking the silence.