CHAPTER 3

"You let Francis go where?!" Lisa yelled angrily as I clenched my jaw looking down "Lisa..." Amy her spouse tried to calm her down but only seemed to enrage her even more.

"Amy Francis is just a boy he shouldn't have gone there—"

"Yes, I know but we can't keep controlling him—"

"If I may Francis went willingly..." I interrupted as Lisa's eyes landed on me as I held my ground as she approached me rage ever so prominent as she walked closer Lisa had to tilt her head up slightly unfortunately to the height difference but she stood her ground, didn't scare me though "And why is that?" She asked venom laced within her words as she let them drag "His own lover was endangered" I responded bluntly as I noticed Amy's eyes slightly grow in shock Lisa now moving back as they now realize why their own child willingly walked into a battel field possible to never return.

"I see you have taken a trip to the founders in the lgbtq community" Earl spoke up as I entered back in the house bruised and frustrated as I was, I ignored his rude comment wiping the blood off my mouth. "What they throw? A shoe, a pen... or maybe a brick? —" "Shut up before I throw you a brick" I snarled at the old man as he just returned a smug smile followed by one of his obnoxious laughs "I see Amy took a good—" "Not Amy" I corrected as he looked at me unfazed "Good on her— Lisa was never usually a peace girl but good on her..." He spoke as if he did not see the blood coming from my mouth "Your kidding..." I asked as he shrugged his arms as to pleading the question "so what?" "Lisa threw an unopened can of coke at my face and your proud?" I asked outraged only for him to shrug his shoulders once more before taking a seat "Unbelievable" I muttered under my breath before I marched up to my office.

"Are you sure this is the right spot?" Francis whispered across asking Mia as they approached this odd looking structure that stood too far from the city "Pretty positive..." she responded in a shaky tone resulting to Liam looking at her shocked and confused "Pretty positive?... Mia do you remember if this is the place or not?" Liam asks the nervous girl as she grasps on to the firearm in her hand unsure, she only responds with "Well—" "Mia!" Liam scolded her as it was noticeable from a far that Francis rolled his eyes at the soon bickering of his two allies "You said you knew where it was" Liam whispered harshly as he placed the safety back on his gun "Yeah but it's been a while..." Mia tried to explain ass both of the boys grunt out of irritation at the waste of time "Mia one of them could possibly be dead or all of them could be dead and you just wasted our time to almost... almost ambush what could potentially be an empty building" Liam whispers harshly.

All while Liam and Mia argued and discussed the sense of where they are a sound was heard from a distance Francis being the first to notice he holds up his gun pointing it towards where the sound maybe "Shut it" Francis scolded as his two allies took notice aiming their gun towards the sound "I die I'm haunting you first" Liam argued as Mia looked at him confused "Is this really the time to argue about what I did wrong?" Mia asks baffled as they slowly approach the sound in the dark under Francis lead "Yeah it is because I want you to know that this will be entirely your fault—"

"Yeah says the guy who wanted to go solo without a clue on where he was also going..."

"Hey! I had a plan!"

The two bickered back and forth their voices raising as they soon stopped leaving Francis to check the noise only to find what they were looking for "Hey..." He called out neither of them responding "Guys..." He called out a second time still not getting either of their attention fed up Francis grabs two pebbles throwing it at each person "What!?" Both responded to see a frustrated Francis "Come here and take a look at this" He responded in a scolding tone as they both tucked away their firearms behind them by their waist bands to check what Francis has found.

"Brilliant..." Liam said as Mia was lost at words at what they have found. "So... Who's going first?" Mia broke the ice as they all just looked at each other clueless on their next move.

This is useless how are we ever going to get out of here if were always chained up and locked up like animals "Mr. Hart..." I heard as I checked my cell door to see the only man who has seen me more than these walls "Troy..." I greeted out of respect and in complete spite as he stepped in my cell the door being locked behind him of course "Elliana..." He greeted me a he took a seat on my bed across the room "I know your strong and resilient its clear in your records—" "Then you know that I would never tell you how to get to the city then" I spoke up as he gave off a sly smile before showing a black folder covered in red ink it was hard to read what it said as he pulled it out too quickly "What's what?" I asked curious as I eyed the file in his hands "It's a record of everything... from you to everything you and your friends have said including your customs—" He stopped as he seem to have noticed my facial expression change. Its clear he wants me to do something about it and clearly some more information in exchange is his bargaining chip "I'm willing to bargain Elliana... all information this place holds just for me alone to set foot in this city you all keep speaking off" He whispers as I look at the file in his hands "Even if I agreed how would I be sure that you would hold your end true?" I asked as he smirked as a brief response before letting his watch down confused, I just crossed my arm looking at the watch before looking back at him "This is supposed to prove what exactly?" I asked as he flipped the watch over to show the back-side pointing at the back he whispered "This is a non-government issued devise it keeps track of where we are... required to wear one when ever we leave" He soon passed over the devise as I walked over and took my time checking the so called device. It seems like a regular watch nothing special, but it is kind of suspicious that all men in suits in this organization had the exact same version on their right arm specifically "Why isn't this government issued?" I asked curious on his statement about it being a non-government issued device "We are an organization originally under the government but due to... several different social debates we work separately" Troy responded as I nod giving it some thought I soon respond with "Prove it then..."

"I gave you my tracker I don't think it gets any—"

"I need real proof— that you will do as you promised considering this is your only job doing this must be a major risk and getting caught will not only endanger you but my people too... so I need—real proof" I told him making it clear that I will hold my end of the deal as long as he can ensure the peoples safety. It was clear in his eyes he was conflicted he finally was thinking if this were a smart choice and if he did agree if he would soon to see the morning after alive mainly. "Give me till the morning after and you will have your response" He told me as I huffed "This isn't a business meeting with your boss Troy... I just want proof you will do well on your word" I said as I returned to the window bars of my cell looking out in hopes of being able to escape.

Still in hopes Mr. Troy Alexander Hart left work that night the file still in his bag entering his home to be greeted by his two children a toddler age 3 and his eldest being 10 "Dad we made a fort" the proud little toddler cheered as he held their father hostage by his legs "I made the fort Jay mostly got the snacks" His eldest mentioned as Jay stuck his tongue out mocking his brother "Good job both of you... but uh where's mama" Troy asked his children "Right here—Hi" His wife greeted him as they hugged his two children running off to their rooms bickering on the way there "Hi... uh we need to talk" He told her in a shaky tone his wife giving him a curious look before agreeing.

"So?" Troy asked shakily as he just watched his wife as she just sat there unfazed "Well... is it worth it?" She asked as Troy desperately tried to wipe the sweat off his head looking like a man being grilled for information he soon stutters out the words "W-well i-i-t is" "Troy if you are too scared then don't do it just follow protocol and forget about it" His wife advises him as he swallows harshly the lump of fear building up in him "I-I have t-too" He stutters out his helpless wife just sighs as she holds his hand and says "Then do what you think is right but when you do I think you should be completely prepared for everything" This has settled a new thought into Mr. Harts mind as he ponders on what he may find as he decides to break out a bunch of young children to lead him into the city. Will he take this risk or will he think of his family and job and stay clear of this too sweet to be true fantasy and continue with his life?