Chapter two: Without warning

2 days later Narrators POV

Gadget and sonic walk into the organization. A little groggy and half awake but ready to go exploring. "The info you two gave us last time was very helpful, especially with the warped tree". Gadgets ears perk up as mocha comes to greet them. Soon mocha and gadget are in deep conversation about the tree. Meanwhile,  sonic looks around his desk, looking for his backpack and gadgets sketchbook. He looks up and notices everyone seems....on edge. Everyone's usually having coffee right now and have conversations with each other, but instead their all rather... quieter than normal. "Ehh maybe its just cuz it's a work day" Sonic says to himself as he shrugs it off.  Finally he finds what's he's looking for and heads back over to where gadget and mocha are. "I found our stuff gadget, maybe if we leave now we can find some fresh tracks." I see mocha's ears go down but immediately perk back up, as is she was trying to hide something. "I'm so sorry mocha, but sonic is right we really do need to go" mocha gives a soft smile "Its alight, just make sure you both...." she trails off but immediately starts again "Don't stay out to late."

***

(Sonics POV)

"Was it just me or did everyone seem on edge today?" I say after taking a bite of My breakfast chilidog. Gadget pauses before opening his breakfast bar. "What are you talking about?" He says, opening the bar completely and taking a bite out of it.  "Mocha didn't seem as happy as she did, and everyone seems.....off" Gadget raises any eyebrow "Mocha seemed fine when I was talking to her" Gadget reaches back into the bag with his free hand to grab his water bottle when he grabs something else. He pulls out a folded piece  of paper. He looks at me "Don't look at me, I didn't put that in there" Curious and wanting to find out who wrote  it   Unfolds it and starts reading it.

"Dear sonic and gadget, I really hope you see this before it's to late" gadgets meaning gets serious. "Yesterday we found out that humans are not allowed in the forest anymore because of  a border incident. A Two dead mobians and one very injured naga  were found on in the forest. The naga appearing to have been shocked and weakend. The Peace keeper  and our boss Mr. X tried to talk it out. Things didn't go so well and Mr. X said some......colorful things to the leader. The reason that he didn't tell you was because he wanted more samples and scales, and he know you two are the only ones that do it correctly he's using both of you, he's using all of us, he's not doing research, he wants a way to find their overpower them to show that they also intrude. Sonic gadget please, leave the forest, don't come back to the organization, it's not safe here just places leave the forest. Please!
~Mocha

Gadget finishes reading his ears completely down and shaking slightly. The realization slowly setting in. "We need to go" Gadget closes up the backpack and heads into the trees. Sonic shoves the last of his chill dog into his mouth and quickly stands up walking after gadget "Gadget wait up! What did it say? Why did you get quiet so quiet?! "

"We're are we going?" I ask, obviously a little upset that he didn't read it out loud  "I don't know just somewhere that's not here" Gadget says as he pushes away a few thick vines and leaves out of his way. Are you ducking kidding me X! Not telling me and gadget what we were getting into?! Geez I know we're a little obnoxious, and loud, mostly me, but seriously-" Snap. Me and gadget both stop dead in our tracks as we look around for what made that noise. "What was that-" I look and in the corner in my eye, is a faint green...... tail? No, its to thick for a tail.  "Let's walk back the way we came, this isn't the right way" "agreed" I then see the tail again. This time a little clear and.... closer. "We're moving" yep and we start walking