| t w e n t y - n i n e |

yoojin sat in the art room, hoping to god her ears were deceiving her. but then she heard it again, a sob from the room next to the one she was in. her legs moved by themselves before she could even think about anything, and a sinking feeling appeared in her stomach as she watched jeno leave the classroom alone. sticking her head into the room, the sinking feeling got even stronger as she saw you crouched down. you were hugging your legs and you were shaking, small gasps leaving your lips.

yoojin knew that you needed her, needed someone at least, but right now she wanted jeno to hurt. she wanted him to feel some of the pain he had caused you. because of that, she took a few steps in his direction. by now he was only a few feet from the doors, and yoojin clenched her jaw, her hands balled into fists.

"you asshole! i hope you become miserable without her! i hope you regret what you did towards her more than anything." jeno stopped dead in tracks, not having expected yoojin to speak up. he had seen her when he left the room, but he didn't spare it another thought, wanting to leave this place as quick as possible. you had heard it as well, and in that moment you felt more thankful for her than you ever had. she was standing up for you during your lowest, she was a real one.

both jeno and yoojin stayed quiet, breathing uneven for the both of them, and minds racing. the halls were empty, however, yoojin didn't know if there were someone in the nearby classrooms. she didn't really care. jeno squeezed his eyes shut the moment her words registered in his brain. if he had to be honest, he most likely was going to be miserable, because you had become a part of his daily routine by now. he was excited to wake up and hear from you. exactly how he'd go about getting over this, getting over you, he wasn't sure.

he shook his head and continued walking, ignoring her last words shouted at him as well.

"you deserve all the pain in the world for hurting my best friend." yoojin had a lump in her throat, which made her voice sound more raspy than it was as she shouted those words at him. she hoped her words hurt him, she hoped they hurt him good. and hurt him, they did. badly, he tried to ignore the words and tried to convince himself that her words didn't affect him, but the tears began rolling down his cheeks, so fast it was almost embarrassing.

yoojin's eyes never left his back, and it was only when his figure had disappeared outside her mind wandered to you. taking a deep breath, she ran back into the classroom to squat down beside you, her sobbing best friend. instinctively you fell into the familiar and comfortable embrace of your best friend, her soothing voice contrasting your sobs.

"i got you, love. i got you. you deserve so much better and you know it."

-

"jisung.." your brother looked up from his computer where he had been playing some stupid game with his friends, his hands immediately pulling off his headset at your puffy eyes and frown. without a word he pulled you into a hug, completely ignoring the shouting from his headset.

"he messed up, didn't he?" he knew it, he knew it was jeno even without asking you. nobody else could have hurt you this bad, and quite frankly, he was pissed and hurt. it only took a small nod from you for him to pull away from the hug. your brother nodded slowly, "great, i'll kick his ass for you."

that earned him a small laugh from you, but still, you didn't want jeno to be beaten up. unfortunately, you still cared deeply for jeno, and hurting him would ultimately end up hurting you as well. you sniffed, wiping under you nose before you shook your head, "no, it's okay. i just wanted a hug, you know? i'll be okay."

"were you a bet?" actually, he didn't want to know the answer to that, but he had to. jisung took your hesitancy as a bad sign, but instead of directly jumping to conclusions, he spoke up again, hoping the answer was no, "answer me y/n."

"he told me i was, yes." he felt betrayed, utterly betrayed. had his friendship not been worth more than their stupid bets? had jeno lied to him when he had said you were the first one he really developed feelings for? jisung had nothing to say. it was so difficult to form sentences, to speak, so instead he shook his head in disbelief. you didn't blame him, this probably hit him harder than it had hit you.

"go to the living room, we're having a harry potter marathon, or a dance moms marathon, i don't care - you choose." jisung finally told you, only receiving a small nod in return before you were out of the room. for minutes he stood in his room alone, not moving, only thinking. however, the more he thought about everything, the more betrayed he felt and the more tired he got. jisung had not expected him to lose a few of his best friends that day, but life always came with surprises, didn't it?pulling out his phone he decided to send the boys one last message.

-

jisung's phone
monday 5:59 pm

oof

i asked one thing of you jeno

one single thing

don't talk to my sister ever again

actually don't talk to me either

the same goes for you na jaemin

-

oof

call

mute group

add

leave group