Chapter 1

Sinbad smirked as his father, Badr, called the crew around the round table in the dining room of the ship. They all took their seats, Sinbad taking his on his dads lap. Esra, Sinbad's mother, sat down next to Badr. Badr then clapped his hands together, signaling everyone to stop talking and listen. They all did so. Badr cleared his throat, patting Sinbad's 13 year old head. "Tonight, the last night we're going to be out at sea, I decided we should tell stories." Sinbad's face lit up and he bounced in his fathers lap a little. "Who will go first?" A few hands raised and Badr chose one. They told a story about a world full of peace, which was definitely not realistic. But it inspired Sinbad in some ways. A country that fights for peace...? He immediately started to think of names for a country like that, and came up with one: Sindria.

After that guy, there was a few others who told stories about their first times drinking, marrying, cooking, having children, sailing, fishing, etc. Once they were done, one last guy raised his hand, Vittel. Badr called on him. Vittel nodded at his caption, clearing his throat. "Once, there was a tribe called the 'white snakes'-."

"Why?" Sinbad interrupted. Esra slapped his hand, mumbling to her son to not interrupt others. Sinbad pouted, but got his answer from Vittel.

"Because it says that their skin was pale as sand, hair white as snow, bodies like hourglasses, or at least the woman, the men were either more feminine or super muscular, and had eyes green as emeralds." Sinbad eyes widened in amazement. Those types of people existed in the world? "Anyway, the story says that they had gold so the countries of the world, like Kou, went to capture the gold. It also says that the tribe was good at sneaking and attacking, better than the best of assassins."

"Ooh...! Go on...!" Sinbad urged. Vittel smiled at the younger boy, nodding.

"The countries went to their lands, asking for the gold, but the white snakes refused, attacking the countries forts that they had set up. In the end, the countries captured the woman and child and some weaker men. The stronger men were killed."

"What happened to the ones who were captured?" Sinbad asked.

"It says that the ones that were captured were used as slaves and breeding material. The countries thought that It'd be good for there to be more people like white snakes in the world, but sadly, all the infants that were produced didn't look anything like the white snakes. The woman and some men refused to raise the children, which to be honest, I don't blame them, since they were raped." Sinbad huffed, crossing his arms.

"Should've just gave them the gold. They weren't using it." Vittel sighed.

"The thing is, no one knows what happened to the gold. No one knows which country got the gold and none of them have come out of the shadows to explain. They only told us this story." Sinbad pouted.

"When did this happen?" Badr asked, his eyes filled with curiosity. Vittel grinned.

"Actually, it was about 4 years ago. The only reason I know about it was because of his job I took and met one of the white snakes. She spoke in an entirely different language and was a slave, so I couldn't do anything for her. Don't know where she is though. Probably dead." Esra suddenly stood up, grabbing Sinbad's hand.

"It think this is enough stories for us tonight. Let's get you to sleep." She said, pinching her sons cheek, to which, he pulled away.

"I'm not a baby!" Esra chuckled, pulling him down into his room. After another few minutes, Badr joined them. All three of them settled down into their huge bed and snuggled close to each other. Sinbad dreamed about that country, Sindria, and what it would look like. It was a perfect dream.

————-——————

The next day, in the afternoon, dark clouds stormed overhead them. Mahad, one of the crewmen noticed the raindrops first, alarming the rest of the crew. Esra had pulled Sinbad into the dining room while the rain poured down on the boat. There was yelling all around the boat. Sinbad then looked at his mom, his eyes concerned. "Dads going to be ok, right?" Esra looked at her son, her eyes filled with anxiety, but still, she smiled.

"Of course, your fathers the best sailer in Parthevia. He knows how to handle a storm, you've seen it before." Sinbad nodded, remembering the one time he'd snuck onto his fathers boat while he was fishing by himself and there was a storm. His father handled it perfectly, making sure that Sinbad was safe the entire time along with himself. Badr would be ok with this weak storm. Jinxed. He wasn't.

Suddenly the ship started to tip over, boxes, chairs, tables, etc. started rolling to the side. One huge box landed on Esra, crushing her legs. "Mom!" Sinbad ran to his mom, trying to lift the huge box. He was strong enough, especially with the boat tipping over. He pulled harder, his mom grunting the entire time. Once he had lifted it to where Esra could move her legs out from under it, she did so, but couldn't stand. She immediately fell when she tried to stand, using Sinbad as leverage.

BANG!

The boat completely rolled onto its side, holes started to fill the sides of the boat, filling the boat with water. They wouldn't be able to get out of this place while Esra's legs were like this. Sinbad gritted his teeth, pulling Esra up. "COME ON! WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE! HELP!" Esra smiled at her son, caressing his cheek. Tears and sweat fell from his cheeks. "N-no...!" Esra didn't say anything, just smiled at him. Until...

"Go on, Sinbad. Save yourself. I know that you'll be a great man and would've been a great older brother." She rubbed the tiny numb on her stomach. "I wished you could've met him or her. If you ever meet someone, especially a child, in need of help, don't hesitate to help them. Become their family, their older brother. Ok?" Sinbad nodded, his hands slipping from his mothers. He ran out of the flooding room, screaming for help.

Once he got onto the deck, he had to make sure he didn't slip. He didn't see anyone. "Vittel?! Mahad!? Dad!?" He called out into the raging storm. There was no response. That's when the realization hit him. He looked over at the water the ship was slowly sinking into, eyes widening. Even through the raging waves, he could clearly make out a figure in it. He recognized that purple hair. "DAD!" He slide down to the crashing waves, making sure he didn't slide in, and grabbed his dads hand, pulling him back onto the ship. "Dad! Are you alright!?" No response. Badr didn't even look like he was breathing. Sinbad grimaced, putting his hands over Badr's chest, pounding down on it. "Mom needs your help! We can still save her!" Sinbad cried.

The rain had completely soaked through Sinbad's socks when he knew it was over. The ship was almost fully underwater, the entire deck was engulfed with water. Sinbad clenched onto the side of the boat, Badr's body floating away. The waves didn't help with Sinbad's grip, making it almost impossible for him to clench ahold of it.

Eventually the entire ship was underwater, leading to Sinbad getting knocked around in the ocean. It took all of his concentration just to get a single breath. Soon Sinbad was knocked out, slowly drifting into the ocean.

—————————————

Sinbad woke up with a jolt, looking around as he started to choke out water. W-was he alive? He was a shore of some sorts, on sand. The ocean was behind him, waves calmly washing around. Sinbad felt as if his lungs had something in them, and that's was what it was. There was sea water in his lungs, and he needed to get it out. He coughed as much as needed, throwing up all the water that engulfed his lungs. Now he was exhausted and dehydrated.

After some work, Sinbad was able to get some actual sleep and get some clean water. He got a job at a nearby town, usually moving from time to time for years. Until 2 years he heard some singing.

He looked down the alleyway, where the song was being sung, and saw a young boy, just sitting there. Now that Sinbad listened closer, he still didn't understand the words, but he sure did understand that the tune was a dark one, which the boys voice hitching a some moments as if he was trying to keep his cries inside himself.

Sinbad walked over to the boy, placing a hand his shoulder. "Hey... where's your parents?" He asked. The boy shuttered, moving back a little. That's when Sinbad saw it. Pale skin like sand, white hair like snow, and eyes green as emeralds. Was this boy... a white snake...?

Hope you enjoyed chapter one! I'm pretty tired right now so I might not make chapter two today. Idk. Let's just see.