Two: Justified Acts of Evil For Simping Purposes

WHAT the fuck was he DOING?

Dream followed the upperclassman into the bathroom, knowing well they looked to wash their hands after their afterschool science session.  He'd learnt to walk on light feet to aid in his midnight ventures for snacks.  Doing so ensured he succeeded without his siblings catching on. He hadn't thought he'd be using the skill for this, however.

He cleared his throat when the upperclassman reached to push up the water handle, and stepped into mirror's view.  They froze.

Dream swore he wasn't a bully.  He swore. But. .

His limbs moved on their own.  Before Dream knew it, he'd shoved the student against the wall, their head smacking against the tile walls with a sickening thump.

"Wha-"

He threw his knee into their gut, knocking the wind out of them.  They gasped, arms pinned beneath his hold.

"Your period five class is French 3."  He worded his sentence as statement, not a question.  They met his gaze, eyes glossy with liquid.

Holy shit.  What the FUCK was he doing?

"You have two choices.  The outcomes can be quite different for you, but they're the same for me."

WHAT was he SAYING?

They struggled beneath him.  Dream snarled--he'd never snarled in his life until now.  They made a brittle sound before falling limp--he was forcing them to stand on their tip toes.  It was the best decision to make on their end--to give in.

Dream tightened his voice.  "You're going to give me a list of everyone in your class, and I will be able to read it."

They looked anywhere but his eyes, searching.  Four hours had passed since school ended.  They'd have to embody the very concept of luck to have someone walk in and free them.

"Which of- my-my French class?"  They finally whispered.

He knew the upperclassman.  He didn't know from where or when, but combining their voice and face, he recognized them--which explained why he'd chosen them to corner.  They were an easy target.

"Yeah," Dream said, lightening his grip, "I need those names.  Get me them by tomorrow, and you're safe."

Safe from the fate that awaited the people on that list. 

"Okay."

He backed off, and they rubbed their wrists.  A pang of guilt hit him.

An awkward silence took over.  The senior was free to go, but hadn't moved.

"Are you alright?"  They said, a fraction of the color returning to their face. 

Dream looked up from his feet.

Was a stranger about to give him a therapy lesson?  He bit his tongue.

"I'm fine," Dream retorted.

With that, he exited the bathroom and loitered in the main hallway, waiting for the evening bus to whisk him off to Sapnap's place.  His mind rumbled steadily, tumbling with uninteresting concepts.  It'd be tedious--what he was trying his hand at, but he kept noticing that he didn't have much going on for himself.  That abundance of free time waa the only reason he was doing this. Boredom.

He was still telling himself that when the bus arrived twenty-two minutes later.

Dream had no reason.  No reason at all.

No more than a day after he received the list, he'd already crossed off eight names.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪