11. Secret Nazi Army

"I mean, life's fine," I shrugged. "Don't lie," Amy said. I groaned and flopped down on my bed. "Life's a bitch," I sighed. "What's wrong then?" She asked. "Let's recap. I'm pretty sure I got raped but that's fine because the guy is behind bars. I'm damn sure after that stupid boat shooting fiasco, I'll be even more infamous. I don't think I'm up there in Daddy's favorite list, which I should be first of course. And I may like Lauren a bit too much," I said. "Yeah, life's a bitch," she agreed.

  "Do you have anything good to tell me?" I asked. "We raised way more money than we had every other year," she replied. "Fantastic. These charities can go out of business forever now," I grumbled. "Why are you so angry?" She asked. "I'm not! I'm frustrated and annoyed," I yelled. "Okay... I can cover you at work for a few days if you want to rest," she said. "If anyone deserves to rest, it's you Ames. I'll be fine as long as nothing else goes wrong today," I said.

  I heard a knock on my door and before I could give them permission to come in, the door opened. "Danielle Cimorelli, you better come with me," the policeman said. Something went wrong. Seriously? "Stay here, find something to binge on Netflix," I sighed, sliding out of bed. Amy nodded and gave me a small wave as I followed the policeman downstairs, into the lion's den. In nicer words, Daddy's study.

  I walked in to see Daddy sitting at his desk and Lauren perched on the arm of the chair. Was she some pet parrot that those pirates had? Annoying and pops up everywhere? "What's wrong now? I have shows to binge," I groaned. "Two people were killed at your party. The families are filing a lawsuit," Lauren said. "I'm surprised you even know what a lawsuit is," I snarked. She rolled her eyes. "Be nice, Danielle. I can settle the lawsuits no problem," Daddy said.

  "I'm afraid it's much worse than that," the policeman said. "Just get on with it!" I groaned. "The guy who we've arrested for your, uh, rape, isn't the right guy. We put him though a polygraph and found out he was just a dummy for the real culprit," he said. "There's a rapist still out there?" I gagged. "Who in hell would even want to rape me anyways? We already know I'm not a virgin or anything, and I'm pretty sure I was drugged unconscious," I said. The policeman shrugged. I am not stepping out of this house.

  "I honestly just want to know if Dani was even worth all the trouble," Lauren snickered. "My bedroom's always open if you want to find out," I winked. "Danielle. Inappropriate," Daddy warned. What? She fell right into that one. "Nah, just saying. If Daddy isn't that great in bed, I'll be willing to help," I said. Yes, I'm still a little salty that Daddy sided with her. "You're grounded," he said. "Great! If you step out, please get raped for me?" I mocked. I skipped out of room and ran back up to my room.

  "I'm back! What are we watching?" I asked. "Uh... Lucifer looks fun," Amy suggested. I plopped onto my bed as the door opened. "Dani, can I, uh, speak to you?" Lauren asked, poking her head in. "I'm not in the mood to fight with you further," I said. "Dani. Go with the lady. I won't start until you get back," Amy said. "Thank you," Lauren sighed. Amy gave her a murderous glance and I rolled my eyes. I unwillingly followed Lauren out into the hallway.

  "What?" I asked. "You visited my Mom and you didn't tell me?" She asked. "Wait, your interrupting me because I went to see your poor Mom?" I asked back. "Why?" She asked. We're answering question with question, please just end this. "I went to offer to pay for all her medical bills," I replied. She looked genuinely surprised to hear me say that. "What?" I asked. "Y-you actually remembered what I said?" She asked. "Duh. I literally went to visit her the next morning after our talk," I said.

  "But why?" She asked. "Honestly, I wanted information on some... Private matters so it was a good deal," I said. "Of course you had your own interests in mind," she sighed. "Look. Despite the fact that you think I'm Satan's secret twin or something, I still care," I said. She crossed her arms. I could tell she didn't believe me. "Your Mom's medical bills bothered you. I paid them. And your Mom still wants to have a dance at your wedding, can't do that if she died can she?" I said.

  "So thank you, I suppose," she muttered. I smiled and nodded. "No thanks needed. We both got what we wanted," I said. "What did she tell you?" She asked. "Just confirmed my suspicions that you're not just here because you fell in love," I grinned. "Would you please give up on that?" She scoffed. "The last I checked, I'm pretty sure you need to graduate collage in phycology to be a psychologist," I said. Or was it therapist? Either way.

  She looked stunned. "That's right Laur 2.0! Your Mom said you studied arts or something and dropped out. So I can't really figure out how someone could hire someone so unprofessional," I said. She averted her gaze and bit her lip. I'm on to something. "I also heard you dealt with medication. Or drugs," I said. "Danielle, what do you want?" She muttered. "For you to tell me what the hell you're doing here. Ruining my life," I snarled. "You want me to sit down and take a polygraph?" She asked. "That might work," I said, pursing my lips in thought. "I was joking," she sighed. Pity.

  "So what am I supposed to do with you?" I muttered. "Anything you want," she said. I blinked. Excuse me? "Wait, if I pushed you off a cliff, you'd let me?" I said. "Anything within reason," she added hastily. "If I actually kissed you for real, you'd let me?" I asked. "Kiss me and find out," she said. I felt my face burn red as I stared at her lips. Play it cool, Danielle. Just say no and walk back into your room to watch Netflix. She's Daddy's girlfriend, not available. Off limits. Actually, anyone's girlfriend is off limits but you get what I'm thinking.

  Her lips curled into a sly smile and she chuckled. "You're taking an insanely long time to decide. Do you want me to speed things along?" She asked. She came closer to me and I froze. Was she serious? She was actually gonna do this? Or this some messed up manipulation scheme? Her lips only brushed against mine for a brief second before she stepped back. I was screaming internally. She brought tease to a whole other level.

  I cleared my throat and forced a smile. How did that Demi Lovato song go? Got a taste for the cherry, I just need to take a bite. I really want to full on make out with her right now. This is crazy. I shouldn't be thinking this way. "Sweet. Anyways, why did you sell drugs?" I asked. "I didn't? Actually... Maybe. I was professional at it though. I did research on drugs and really became an expert in a night. I can name you the common usages for drugs if you'd like," she said. No thanks but interesting? "Yeah. I did the drug prescription job for like 3 months. I stole some time to time. Mostly painkillers and whatever for my Mom. Sold some drugs to get money to pay the bills. And if you were wondering, I have never taken drugs before," she said.

  "And I'm sure if I went to the police right now and tell them you sold drugs, you'll be behind bars for an insanely long time," I said, pretending to pout. She paled. Please, think before you speak. "I won't if you tell me a few things," I smiled. "So you're blackmailing me?" She asked. Who asked you to openly share about your drug business with me, out of all people? "Yeah. First question, why are you here?" I asked. "Love?" She answered. Of course.

  "Do you hate me or something?" I asked. "I don't know. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't," she said. Reasonable. "Why blame me for the whole shooting thing?" I asked. "I don't know. Seemed like a good option at the time," she said sheepishly. She mouthed an apology and I rolled my eyes. "You were really brave during the whole shooting thing," she said. "And you were a coward. Daddy was gonna get shot in the head because you didn't want to show your face," I hissed. "That's some love," I said. She looked away from me.

  "Who were those shooters?" I asked. "I don't know. They've just been showing up and trying to kill me randomly," she replied quietly. "I'll get security for you. Despite the fact that I dislike you, you make Daddy happy for some absurd reason. Even though he's not been particularly nice to me, he's still my Daddy and loosing would be hell for him," I said. And I like you so you can't die until I fix that.

  "Last question, what's the worst thing You've done?" I asked. "Besides being born?" She asked back. Was she serious? Do I have to call a therapist? "Laurie, no one is a mistake. Besides Hitler and Trump and you're nothing like them. Unless you have a secret Nazi army I don't know about?" I said. She laughed. "I was joking," she said. "Good. So answer the question," I said. "The worst thing I've done is..." She said, pausing to think.

"Drugging you."

A/N: I missed my update date because my brain just blanked even though I already planned the entire thing out. Aha. Life.