Phobia

"This is going to be a terrible day, one of those days when it's best to stay in bed because everything is going to turn out bad. I can just feel it..." I muttered to myself as I made my way out the house and booked a taxi to the location that was sent to me from my friends. When I reached the location, I took out my suitcase and made my way towards my two weird friends and smiled, watching them tease and mock one another while laughing. One I reached to them, I jumped on one of my older friends back only for him to scream, then realise that it was only me and kept me held up on his back like a koala.

"Are you ready Felix? To get over your fears of the sea?" Chan asked, still holding onto me as the I just shrugged.
"Come on Lix! It will be fun! The weather is great today and you will be with us the entire time. I promise we won't leave you alone for even a second." my other friend, Jisung, told me energetically, clearly eager to get onto the cruise ship and to be able to go travel a new place. I just nodded my head, smiling lightly and agreed, not wanting to take away best friend's adorable squirrel like smile. For the rest of the time the three of us continued to talk, laughing and joking around until our ship number got called and we made our way inside.

The inside of the ship was enormous! It had a dining hall which looked elegant with its clean pure white walls and ceiling, it had white marble floorboards as well as gold decoration. in the middle of the room there was a massive table filled with starters, main courses and desserts. The table was covered with a white and gold marble designed cloth and was filled with many different foods, such as steak, sushi and pies plus many more foods that looked familiar to the group as well as some foods that looked different and foreign to them. We saw Jisung stealing some snacks as the rest of us just watched him as he shrugged, and continued as soon we all joined in and all took a few snacks with us secretly so we could eat it while getting a tour of the ship before going to our rooms.

A few days passed and honestly so far, I was having the best days of my life! We spent all our time together and as Jisung promised none of them left my side at all. We spent the first night at the concert hall room that they had, they had some really good musicians and singers. Then on the second day we spent the day watching a play and then joining the disco that was really fun! Right now, we just finished our time in the arcade as we soon got tired and decided to get some rest before going back out to eat. I changed into my more comfortable clothes before going back into my shared room with my close friends, who were already laying in their bed. I went towards my bed, plopping onto my bed as I soon felt tired.
"Hey Chan, I'm going to take a nap for a bit, can you wake me up when it's time for us to hang out again please?" I asked as I received the response I wanted and closed my eyes, letting the darkness take over.

I woke up startled, feeling alarmed yet was still half asleep, as all I was able to hear outside my room were faint screams, yells and the sounds of babies crying. I sat up feeling more awake and anxious as the sounds were becoming clearer. I looked around only to see that the room was empty, not knowing what to do I sat in the corner of the room, using my blanket to cover and comfort me as I curled into a ball, rocking back and forth trying to comfort myself and distract myself from whatever was happening outside. After what felt like forever the door suddenly opened, revealing Chan who was a panting mess which a red sweaty face. "Felix! Are you okay?" I tried to speak but all that came out was a choked sob, which luckily, he heard as he ran over to me and held onto me as he tried to comfort me which was working, until I felt the ship move - downwards. I held onto Chan tightly as I tried to ask him what was happening, but before I was even able to get a word out, he spoke.

"Felix. Your trust me, right?" He spoke in a serious yet almost gentle voice as I nodded, knowing I wouldn't be able to say a word without crying. "Good, now follow me," he said as he helped me stand up and took my hand and ran with me to where I remember was the end of the ship. I looked around to see bodies floating in the ocean, some bodies washed with blood while others were half torn like broken Barbie dolls. I instantly covered my mouth at the sight, feeling sick as I quickly ran to a random corner to release all of my body fluids. Chan then turned me over to face him as he spoke once again, not caring that I looked like a mess as my eyes felt watery again. "Lix, I want you to get on that boat and find land, I want you to find help and to get to safety. Take that boat and get home somehow." I nodded and Chan then motioned for me to go on, to get onto the boat, but my body wouldn't move, almost as if there was something missing. Then I realised, "What about you Chan? Aren't you going to come with me?" I asked the older male as he only smiled softly and whispered, "I'll be there before you know it, don't worry about me..." I only nodded, despite noticing the uncertainty and hesitation in his voice, as I trusted him. He helped me onto the boat, and taught me a rushed lesson on how to use the boat.

We said our goodbyes and I went my way, spending my first night alone... at sea.
An hour passed and there was no sign of land, am I even using the boat properly?
It's morning, I'm hungry and so thirsty...
2 more days have passed I think... I shouldn't have dank the sea water, I’m even more thirsty now.
It's the 5th night, I think? I can't even tell how many days have passed.
I'm cold...
I can use this sail, it's useless anyways.
I'm tired, maybe I'll just go to sleep now...

“BREAKING NEWS:

Yesterday researchers have found the reason as to why the Kelly boat crashed - one of the engines was not stable and as the ship continued to sail, more pressure was put onto it causing the engine and pipe to explode.

On a happier note the last missing body from the Kelly Boat crash has been found. Lee Felix, a young Australian male has been found stranded in sea, on a boat wrapped in the sail. The poor male had been spotted by a group of civilians who went to go camping by the sea. The group spotted the boat and found the body. The boat was found only 1 mile away from land and wasn't found until yesterday. The young blonde-haired male had been starving and dehydrated for at least a week, and was stuck in the cold until he couldn't take it anymore and took down his sail to warm himself up. The boy i-“

The two males couldn't take it anymore. They didn't want to hear anymore as Jisung closed the TV, feeling guilty for even suggesting the idea of going as he lost his best friend.

Chan walked out the house, feeling guilty for his little brother like best friend who could have still been alive if he had just got on the boat with him... Felix – he was so close yet so far...