Chapter 1 - First day back

It was a beautiful day, it was sunny and warm, and kids were playing outside. It was the first time in forever since people could go outside, Corona had been eradicated, and if it ever came back, they had the vaccine. It was around nine o'clock, and school was about to start.

"Oh no, I'm gonna be late!" Quinn said.

She was a slightly pale girl with beautiful brown hair in a bun, she was wearing a brown jacket, green crop top, and some black jeans, she had a small ring earring on her right ear. After five minutes of rushing, she made it to class.

"Sorry I'm late!" Said Quinn.

The teacher replied with "It's fine dear, you're just in time actually! Now class, if you couldn't remember, my name is Mrs. Mandy."

Quinn was already seated in her chair. to her right was a girl in a purple tank top, she had blonde, long hair and was wearing some blue ripped jeans. She had cat ears on, they were purple too. Was she an aphmau fan?

On her left though was the guy of her dreams, Jago. To her he was the prettiest and nicest guy in the school. He was tall and slightly muscular, he had brown eyes and short black hair. He was wearing, weirdly enough a suit with a red tie. He was also wearing these fancy black leggings. It made some sense though since his father was the mayor. What he lacked in personality and originality, he made up for in his power and ability to flirt. He was flirting with every girl!

"Now class, I'd like you all to introduce yourselves again. Let's start with.. you! In the orange t-shirt." Mrs. Mandy said to the class.

"Oh, my name is Aaron!" Said the boy. He was Pretty skinny, and had brown hair in a small ponytail. He was wearing black sweatpants with these cool sneakers. He was sitting in front of Quinn, so she couldn't tell what his facial features were.

"Very nice! Okay, now you, girl in the hoodie." Mrs. Mandy pointed to a girl with a photo in her hands. She was wearing a white hoodie, her skin was pale, she seemed fine, but we were all worried. Her eyes were a dark brown, and she had dark brown hair, easily could be mistaken for black hair. She had grey sneakers on and dark blue jeans.

"Olivia." Said the girl, her voice was scratchy and made her sound like she was dead, how could a voice do that? She didn't look up from the photo, she just sat there and stared, I wonder what the photo was of. Her parents? Guess I'll have to find out later.

"Well then.." Mrs. Mandy hesitated.

"Uh.. let's continue, shall we?"

Mrs. Mandy continued down the row of students until she got to Quinn. Quinn had been exited for this moment, and knew exactly how she was going to say it. But when she stood up, every eye in the classroom, besides Olivia's were on her. Her confidence had left her.

"M-my name is..  uh... uhm... it's-" Quinn had gotten off track, thinking about how much people may or may not like her, she was deep in thought until..

"Hey you, snap out of it you stupid bitch!" Said a short boy with pink hair. He was wearing a black and white striped shirt, I assume he likes pink. He was muscular too! Did almost every guy work out here? He seemed like a chad, but more pink. He had black leggings, and had Nike shoes on.

"Jason! That's enough, detention after school, one hour." Mrs. Mandy scolded the boy, who's name was apparently Jason.

"Sorry about him dear, please continue."

"I'm Quinn!" Quinn had quickly yelled before sitting down, she really didn't like that. She decided to ignore what Jason had said as well, that'd just get her spirit down, and she had to go home that day too, she already had enough on her mind.

"Oh, how nice!" Mrs. Mandy complimented her before continuing down the row.

                                                          Some time later

It was lunch time, and Quinn sat down at the table behind Jago, she was sitting admiring his every move. She was in love, and she new it. She didn't wanna be creepy, but she couldn't help it. She was snapped out of her trance when her best friend from middle school came running over to her table.

"Hey bestie!" She small girl said, she was slightly pale, same skin tone as Quinn, She was somehow skinnier than Aaron, and was extremely happy a lot. She was wearing a white shirt with a ferret on it, she loved her pet ferrets. She was wearing black leggings like everyone else and had a yellow cardigan. She had about medium length hair that was tied into a ponytail with a yellow bow, she really did love yellow a lot. I wonder why. She had big Black glasses, they didn't look good any anyone but her. She had freckles on her face that really suited her, She looked amazing to Quinn, nothing like the average bookworm stereotype that people liked to think she was.

"Paityn? You go to this school too?" Asked Quinn in shock.

"Yeah silly, so.. what teachers did you get? I got Mr. Darius, Ms. Kelsey and Mrs. Emerson!"

"Mrs. Mandy, Mrs. Petre, and Ms. Amalia." Quinn replied hesitantly.

"I see you like that boy over there, seemingly everyone does. I don't know why!" Paityn said

"Yeah, but that's probably because you like girls." Quinn said, hoping it didn't sound rude

"Haha, that's true!" Paityn said, she seemed to know she didn't mean it to be rude.

They both continued their lunch and talking until their classed started again. They said goodbye to each other, hoping to see each other after school that day.

                                                                               After school

It was the end on the day, students could now hang out, do homework, study, go home, or anything. On Quinn's way home, she decides to wait until the end of the day when her parents would be asleep, too drunk to remember anything to return home. She hated her home, she had a broken family. Drinking parents that were emotionally abusive. They could never make up their minds. One day she was fat, and the next she was too skinny. She decided to wait at the park, it was very peaceful there. Little did the know, someone else had plans to go there too! Are they good or bad is what she'll have to find out. And what's to come isn't that funny.

                                                                            CHAPTER 1 END

Word count: 1,076

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, more to come later! Possibly more today. let's see who can guess the song I'm going off of?

11/15/21 update:

I'm going to discontinue this story, after re-reading it, it isn't that great. I have to much better books being made, BUT this time I am completing them, or getting the first few chapters done before they're posted.

Also, sorry about Paityn, I have no clue what I was thinking with that character-

9/17/22

Literally kms bro what was I thinking, I was in 6th grade when I wrote this, I should've known better than this- holy Jesus Christ almighty

If I ever rewrite this then expect much, much better jioadibbilb