Chapter - 58

Two weeks.

Two weeks since Jimin and Katy's accident. Two weeks since he last went to the office. Two weeks since his inner turmoil started.

1-1-2-2

He punched the bag in a practiced combination as his mind reeled. He wasn't completely avoiding work. He worked in the hospital while Jimin slept and at home. They took shifts to take care of Jimin and Jungkook always stayed the night.

Tae was hiding something that much was evident. They all knew something he didn't. He hadn't been able to sleep after what appeared to be the third attempt on Jimin's life. Jungkook had spent his time analyzing every aspect of his boyfriend's life.

Jimin doesn't have enemies. He was popular both in school and university. A few scorned exes wouldn't go as far as to kill him. Besides, Jimin never had a serious relationship before Jungkook. He wasn't a fool. He might be younger than the others but he knew enough to understand there has to be purpose and motive.

Who?

Why?

Jungkook knew he was onto something. The timeline of the incidents was pointing him to a direction he had hard time believing.

The distant ringing of his doorbell brought him out of his thoughts. Removing one of the boxing gloves on the way, he peeked through the peephole and grimaced when he saw who it was. He threw the door open, fixing his father with a glare that was far from welcome.

"What are you doing here?"

Jungwoo lifted a brow, still dressed in his office attire, a Tom Ford this time. "Can't I come to visit my son?"

"Cut the crap!" Jungkook hissed. "How did you know where I lived? And who let you up without buzzing me first?"

"Watch your tone boy." Jungwoo's face tightened. "I'm your father. I've always known where you live or what you're up to."

Jungkook's brows snapped up. "Come again."

"I'm your fa—"

"What do you mean by you always know where I am?"

Jungwoo's eyes widened a bit. "Like I said. I'm your father and it's my responsibility to know where you lived." He brushed past Jungkook, inviting himself in and looked around. "Not bad."

Jungkook closed the door and strode to his gym. Jungwoo followed him inside, watching silently as he began boxing again. Both didn't speak for a few minutes.

"You haven't been to office in two weeks."

"Didn't feel like coming."

"So you're now ignoring your responsibilities. Is this your way of rebelling me? I thought you were better than this."

Jungkook didn't turn or stop. He continued to punch. "I'm working from home."

"You don't to do this," Jungwoo gritted through his teeth. "You're my only son and I'm offering you the world. Why don't you understand?"

Jungkook stopped, his chest heaving. "What if I don't want the world?" He cocked his head to the side, facing his father. "What if I don't want any of what you're offering me?"

"Jungkook..." Jungwoo's voice took a dangerous edge. "You're the CEO of Jeon Corporation. A CEO hasn't been to office in two weeks. What kind of example that set on our employees? Not to mention the latest issue you tangled yourself with. It's all over the media," he gritted through his teeth. "Park Jimin is just an employee, who met with an accident on his way to home with his girlfriend. Nothing more. But a CEO taking personal interest is bad PR. Besides, your absence in the office is already creating rumors."