Arrival

Storm, storm and storm. Deities of weather weren't very satisfied with the iciest kingdom. Almost in the velocity of light, the icy wind of Baikal Lake was passing across north to south, south to east and east to west. White pearls of snowflakes obscured the buildings, huts, rivers and ponds. Little herbs and short shrubs were being uprooted. Large trees were tilting their leafy heads once here, once there. Their greenness was interred beneath the pale ice shards. Even the fire wasn't ready to burn the woods so that the stranded people could get some warmth, so that they could be comforted a bit. Wrapping the woolen shawl and scarves around them, barely they were trying to protect themselves from the wrath of that blizzard.

"Ah!"

The pregnant lady screeched as her tone echoed in the entire compartment. She was juddering violently while lying on the queen-sized bed, covered with a blue blanket up to her chest, tossing her hands and legs here and there in pain. Beads of sweats appeared on her forehead. She clenched her jaw as two droplets of tears rolled down on her cheeks.

"Be patient, your Highness," One of the midwives held her wrist firmly, "You're doing quite well."

The royal lady nodded somehow. Something was remembered by her.

"This child of yours will be the greatest ruler of the earth."

Despite of being in pain, she snickered, consoling herself.

'No Apraxia,' She pondered, 'You shouldn't break down. Remember, you're bearing a precious gem in your womb. So why to fear?'

"Push once again, your Highness," Another midwife caressed her forehead, "Then you'll be free from all the pain."

Compressing her teeth, the empress applied all the strength in her body. Her voice almost broke.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!"

Getting up once like the jolts, she again fell on the bed, panting crazily. Right afterwards, a sharp cry could be heard, again booming like an explosive.

The sleets fallen on tree leaves began to melt. Cracks appeared in the frozen water of rivers and ponds. Soon the ice turned into ice cubes, floating in the aqua. The blizzard gasped once, slowly lessening its rage. The thundery clouds freed helio from the dungeon made by themselves. Being independent, it peeped through the condensed sky. A single beam fell on the newborn baby, being cradled in the arms of a nurse.

"Congratulations, my lady!" She kissed on the top of the neonatal life, "The heir of the throne of Russia has arrived finally."

The new mother bit her inner lip for managing her tears. As the baby was handed to her, she gazed at him. He was staring at him with his lotus orbs. A few hairs were there on his head in the shades of Egyptian and Prussian blue. The pale tiny figurine didn't take off his eyes from his mother.

"Kai....my child...." She fondled him, "has reached.... finally ...."

 Every birth of every child

Should be a source of joy

So congratulations on the birth

Of your baby boy

Surrounded now with love and care

He is our prince, you see

Russia's future in his hands,

A part of history

Teach him to care for others