New Chapter 1

If you haven't read the new description, I recommend you do. It includes new, important information about what I am rewriting this story as. Thanks :)

Hagrid had told him things. Things he hadn't believed. And he was glad he hadn't.

All the kids around him gave him weird looks. He didn't like this, but there wasn't anything he could do about it. Hagrid had told him that Slytherin was filled with evil. However, when he walked into the large hall in front of him, following the lady—who introduced herself as Professor McGonagall—and looked up at the table where the other Professors were sitting, he saw the kindest eyes. Black as ink, the eyes that belonged to a crooked nose man looked upon him with hidden adoration.

Harry ducked his head shyly and continued to the front of the hall. People around him were whispering. Whispering about the sorting... and him? Why were people talking about him? His breathing picked up. His head snapped up to the crooked nose man, and he immediately calmed. Char black eyes were boring into his, and his heart calmed.

He snapped back to reality when his name was called.

"Potter, Harry."

Whispers. They floated around the air—carrying his name. He took a lung-filling breath and stepped up the small amount of stairs. He released his breath slowly, and listened to the whispers as they were spoken all around him.

"That's Harry Potter?"

"What is he doing here looking like that?"

"Isn't he supposed to be all strong and brave? He doesn't look like he fits the part..."

He closed his eyes. The hat was placed on his head.