Chapter Two

As the hat was placed atop Harry's head, the slight weight of the tattered piece of fabric grounded him. A male's voice spoke into his ears.

"I have to say, I didn't think I would be seeing you here this year, Mr. Potter. I figured you wouldn't be allowed, however....let me see this mind of yours." The voice boasted.

Harry soon figured out the voice belonged to the hat that he was wearing. He listened closely to what the hat said next.

"Ah, I see...Slytherin would do you good, but I can see you have exceptional amounts of knowledge. Ravenclaw would do nicely, yes?"

From what Harry has heard so far, he guessed that Ravenclaw was the house for the smart. The hat was saying he was smart? Well, either way, he didn't mind which house he became a part of. He slowly nodded his head yes.

"Perfect. Now then, you shall be...RAVENCLAW!"

You could hear a pin drop with the silence filling the room. Slowly, claps could be heard from the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables, including almost all of the teachers. Harry gave a small, shy smile and slid himself off the tall stool. His feet pattered lightly against the uneven, rocky floor as he walked over to the blue and bronze table.

Short update, but I figured I should give you all something. I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)