Introduction

Harley King grew up in LA, gambling central! She's the daughter of Noah King, the world's greatest gambler of all time. Noah conquered several gambles and won almost every time! His talent became known worldwide! He oversaw most gambling matches in LA and he gambled whenever he could. Even though, Noah gambled as often as he could, he never risked it all. He never became a compulsive gambler...

Harley wanted to be just like her father. She always looked up to him! He taught her everything she knows. She became an incredible gambler! Some say that she's even better than her father. Harley learned how to gamble at a very young age. By time she was fourteen,  she knew every tip and trick in the book. When Harley turned sixteen, she started her journey of gambling her way through life.

"Mr. King! Wait!" Noah's defeated opponent calls. The rain falls around them as Noah and the man walk in the rain. Noah looks at the clouds in the sky sighing. He runs his hands through his short brown hair. Noah's feature look irritated as his eyebrows furrow in annoyance, his lips down-turned into a scowl, and his tense jaw. Noah moves his hand to rub his clean-shaven chin.

"What?! You've pestered for three rematches already! All of which you lost! Don't tell me you want to gamble again!" Noah exclaims turning around to face the man. His bright blue eyes burn into the man's soul.

"I- I just forgot t-to give you this invitation." The man says taken aback a bit. Noah expression softens a little bit, but it still reveals some annoyance. Noah takes the invitation and walks away from the man, leaving him in the rain.

   Noah walks to his SUV and tells his driver to start the drive home. Noah looks down at the envelope in his hands and opens it.

    Mr. King, this an an official invitation to a gambling match across town at the darkwood apartment building on Thursday at eleven. Winner gets three billion dollars debt free. -Gavin Scott

Noah scoffs to himself after he reads the letter. "Wow, this dumbass thinks he'll win. Props to him." His driver just stares at the road. He turns on to a black paved driveway to a grand mansion! The house is huge! The outside has a fountain and there are glass stained front doors. The mansion has over twelve acres of land. Noah exits his car and walks inside to be greeted by his daughter, Harley.

"Hi, Dad! How did the match go?!" Harley asks eagerly. Her voice echoes through the high-ceiling house. Her long chestnut brown hair flows down her back and her hair is pulled up in a half up-half down style. Her thin bangs fall down the sides of her forehead. Her crystal blue eyes sparkle with excitement. Her soft heart shaped lips turn up into a smile.

"He begged me for three rematches. I was beyond annoyed whenever I left! Who the fuck asks for three rematches?!" Noah exclaims from annoyance. Harley smiles at her father's outburst. He was usually calm and collected, but here we are. "Oh, and I got this invitation. I'd like you to join me and observe." Noah explains handing the letter over to Harley. She skims the letter before sighing. "Dad, this looks shady..." Harley mutters. Noah notices her new found expression.

"I agree. Which is why I'm having you go with me in case anything happens." Noah sounds confident, but in reality, he shares the same feeling as his daughter. "Dad, I'm only sixteen almost seventeen. If anything goes wrong, what do you want me to do?" Harley asks putting all of her weight on one foot.

"You know every tip and trick in the book. I trust that you'll be able to take my place." Noah says keeping a calm face. Harley is still not satisfied. "You mean in the gamble, right?" She asks.

"Oh, but of course! What else would I be referring to?" Noah responds. Harley decides not to dig any further into the conversation. "Fine... I'll go with you." Harley agrees. She tightens her hair ribbon and her father smiles at her. "Excellent! Now, what has Ms. Loraine made for dinner tonight." Noah says taking off his jacket and putting it on the hook next to the door. Harley puts all of her worry aside and takes in the aroma of lasagne.