Chapter 29. Hair Dye and Surprise ☾

A/N I Don't own anything but the plot.

"Alright, now that we have that settled, what are we going to do next?" Harry asked.

"Dye my hair?" Sirius suggested, "There is one specific reason my Animagus form took to the coloring it did and the only thing we could come up with was that it was muggle hair dye."

"Might we ask why you were dyeing your hair in the first place?" Draco queried.

"Well, I had just been disowned and I looked far too much like a Black for my taste, so I was going to change my look. That was after I realized that the tattoos and piercings did nothing to my actual appearance. So, I wanted to go a little lighter, perhaps an amber or red cinnamon. But James switched the two boxes and I didn't notice until my hair was completely pink." Sirius stated observing the three teenagers who tried to hold back various forms of laughter. He smirked and looked toward Hermione. "I would send Malfoy out but I bet he's less than useless in the muggle world. Would you mind getting some blond hair dye, miss?" Draco looked offended, but agreed with his statement.

"Can do, Mister Black!" Hermione exclaimed and rushed out of the room, probably to find the nearest drugstore with hair dye.

"Mr. Black, gosh no, that was my father. The next time I hear someone refer to me like that, let it be at my funeral. "Sirius pleaded. Harry frowned. Sirius smiled in apology to the joke. "Alright our second order of business, what time is it?" he asked Harry.

"About 6 o'clock in the morning, why?" Harry answered. Draco's eyes went wide.

"Merlin! I have to go! I didn't let Uncle Sev know I was leaving. He'll KILL me if I'm not there when he gets up! I'll come back later, I promise. Bye." Draco yelled as he rushed out the door and Apparated away.

Sirius chuckled," Uncle Sev?" he mocked. Harry rolled his eyes. Hermione came back with the hair dye soon after.

"First comes first. You need to clean yourself up." She announced as she walked into the room.

"Yeah, shower's in there and I can go buy you some clothes quickly. Also, you might want to shave and get a haircut. 'Mione's great with scissors. She cut my hair all of seventh year- also known as the camping trip from hell." Harry, too, rushed out of the room. He ran to Gringotts, got to his vault, got some money, left, and went straight for 'Madame Malkins'.

Meanwhile, Sirius had gotten a shower and shaved, but refused to be anywhere near Hermione with scissors.

"I don't care! I like my hair this long and you can't stop me. I am 20 years older than you, young lady. I will not be treated like a child!" Sirius whined.

"Then come over here and stop acting like a big baby!" she demanded, finally persuading the man-child to sit in a chair and let her cut his hair. When it was finally over with, he flinched as she handed him a mirror.

"Alright, it's not that bad. Thanks" he grumbled, seeing as she only cut it to a little below shoulder length. Hermione smirked. Harry came back with a fresh pair of robes for Sirius to put on. They were plain black, but resizable so they fit Sirius perfectly. "I also should go to Gringotts at some point today for money, so we can get you a new wardrobe, Harry. Now that I am head of the Black family, I have access the Black family vault. Then, we can get whatever you want as long as you don't have to wear those oversized clothes of yours." He directed towards the boy in question.

"I can buy my own clothes, Padfoot." Harry told him.

"Then, why haven't you?" Sirius asked, but he got no reply. Hermione dried Sirius' hair with a spell and sat him down to have his hair colored. Harry thought for a moment.