chapter 11: let's do this

It was wednesday now, Ricky hadn't spoken to Carlos or Gina since Monday, during lunch he would hang out with E.J. or he would leave to his house. He was excited to hang out with Nini, she tried to cancel, knowing the fight he had with his friends, but he told her that she was his friend too, and they had to understand it. Now they were on his couch, watching Thor. Ricky was having a great time, it was like there was nothing wrong in the world, same thing happened to Nini. When they finished the movie, they were talking about the movies, life and Taylor Swift.

"Ricky, I'm sorry but we need to talk about it. We can't ignore each other in school and then hang out. But if I ever come close to you, I'm pretty sure someone would kill me." He sighed, he tried to avoid the subject but he knew that she was worried about it. She felt guilty. She felt like she was tearing his life apart. He sat closer to her, looking at her.

"It's not your fault, okay? Look, Carlos and Gina are not my only friends, the rest really like you. What if I invite them next time we hang out, so they can get to know you better and maybe that way it will be easier for Carlos and Gina to accept it. Same with Kourtney." She wanted to tell him he was insane, to run away, someone was going to end up hurt, and she did not want to be him.

"l don't know Ricky... What if they find out? They will hate you, and hate me even more. I don't even know why they hate me"

"Then, let's find out. Look, I talked with E.J., he knows you, you know him. Ash talked with you at the party, you were getting along with her until, well, Gina. And Red and Seb are the best people you will ever meet. I'm sure they don't care. Let's try. I like hanging out with you, talking with you. I know you feel the same way. You know more things about me than them."

"l don't want to make you choose if they make you, Ricky. They are your friends."

"l know. I don't wanna push you, I'm not usually this dense and intense. But honestly? If they make me choose, I would choose you. If they care more about their reputation than for a friendship, it would be loss for them, I guess. Because I have a great taste in movies." They laughed. She closed her eyes and started thinking. She could name 15 reasons why they shouldn't do this, but when she opened her eyes and saw the boy next to her, they were not enough. He was.

"Okay, let's do it."

______________

__________

___________

___________