Wrapped Up In My Cape

Prompt #1

"Your city is in ruins. You are-" The villain stopped, gloves half off, and raised an eyebrow. "You're wrapped in my cape." Swaddled in the thick fabric, only the hero's face was still visible, their expression trapped between a scowl and a pout. "It's cold down here, and you left it in reach. If you weren't too tight to heat your lair while keeping me prisoner down here, I wouldn't have had to resort to thievery." "You look adorable," the villain said, forcing a sneer into their voice. Because they did. They looked adorable and warm and perfect.

Prompt by "gingerly-writing" on Tumblr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creeping its way under the Hero's skin, cold climbed up their bones, causing them to curl in on themselves to find warmth in the damp cool air of the underground lair. But no matter how much they tried to seek the feeling of warmth, the more the atmosphere seemed to turn against them, turning colder with every breath taken. Their eyes scanned the surroundings, searching for something to cover themselves up with, landing on a material hung within reach just outside the barred doors. Dragging themselves up, their trembling figure made its course towards the other side of the room, thin arms passed from between the door, fingers wrapped around the thick cloth, warmth already surging through the chill body, heating it in waves, providing the comfort they had wanted to discover.

They heard the door to the lair open above them, the stomping of feet soon audible even through the thick cemented walls. The villain's voice was heard before they were visible to the trapped hero, "Your city is in ruins. You are-" The villain stopped, gloves half off, and raised an eyebrow. "You're wrapped in my cape."

Swaddled in the thick fabric, only the hero's face was still visible, their expression trapped between a scowl and a pout. "It's cold down here, and you left it in reach. If you weren't too tight to heat your lair while keeping me prisoner down here, I wouldn't have had to resort to thievery."

"You look adorable," the villain said, forcing a sneer into their voice. Because they did. They looked warm and adorable and perfect. The villain wished to hold the hero within their arms and carry them to a place where they could be more comfortable, buried deep within all the clothes they wanted. But alas reality isn't what one always wishes to be. They were both born on different sides, they fought on different sides, and would die on different sides. That's how it was planned, but did it have to? Couldn't they throw this rivalry away, cut off all the strings that moved them, and leave everything to find peace? The villain's eyes shifted back towards the Hero, now asleep, slight snores echoing through the chamber, a thin line of drool now moving down their chin. 

Cute, so cute. They look so warm, and soft. The villain opened the door to settle beside the hero. they could pretend that they were in here to hurt them when in reality, all the villain wanted to do was find closure in the one in front of their eyes. Lifting the others head softly, the villain placed it atop their stretched-out legs, admiring the hero's peaceful face, locks of hair splayed out around their head like a halo. If only, if only the world didn't care and let them be, they could stay like that forever.

The hero woke up to the feeling of being cuddled, and confused at first, they looked around to see what was happening, and one after the other, emotions started running rampant in their mind. The villain was cuddling them, in their arms, so pretty, so cuddly, so... vulnerable. This was their chance, if the hero could run away right now without the villain waking up, they could be free. They were still confused about how they ended up being cuddled by nonother than the person who had captured them, but now wasn't the time to think about it. Slowly untangling themselves from the limbs of the deadly killer, the hero moved towards the now open doors of the dungeon cell, but they couldn't just leave like this, could they? The hero definitely couldn't leave the villain alone- alone and unharmed. They moved their hands toward the visible weapon in the villain's sachet, took it out, and pointing the gun directly at the villain's heart, they fired, shattering it into pieces in more ways than one.