marriage...

"Aab bar or badhu fere ke liye khare ho jaye" the pandit says in between his loud chanting of mantras... (now the bride and groom can stand up for the phere)

The groom, the Sanskar Maheshwary stands up taking a big sigh... he waits for his bride to stand up and looks at her... she struggles a little to get up... her big bump is not helping her either... he noticed his mother and sister holds her by either side and corrects her saree... he noticed her reassuring his mother that now she can walk and complete all the rituals... soon with another sigh he starts to walk behind him, his bride is following his steps... he wonder whatever the meaning of this mantras, will it works for their life? The faith, the love, the promises... where are they? Soon his bride passed him to take the lead of the remaining 3 pheres...

She is holding her baby bump tightly with one hand and the other is on her side... and another 3 rounds of vows and promises,then asked to sit beside each other again... his mom and sister helps her to sit... and in another 10 minutes he was asked to put vermillion on her partition and then the mangalsutra around her neck... he hesitates a little and looks at his father for the last time... he is still standing there nonchalant looking at him with serious eyes... he could not understand why he did this to him... his own father...

"Sanskar?" his mother whispers with an urge... taking another sigh he fills her partition... and tie that sacred thread around her neck...

"Aj se aap pati patni hue..." the pandit says getting up...

He couldn't believe this happened to him, his life... he is now married to a heavily pregnant unknown woman standing just beside her in red simple saree and minimal jewellery...

"Sanskar, come here..." his father called him... "here sign this paper..."

He gives a quick look... "marriage registry"... so he made sure there is no path to escape...

All he knew his marriage talk was going on... shekhar uncle brought the proposal for her second daughter kavita... whom he met in laksh's marriage and had a huge crush on her... bade papa was readily agreed and so he was... she was looking so beautiful on the day of laksh's marriage, his eyes were refusing to leave her sight... he blushed a little when badi ma and mom asked about it... he agreed... and then the engagement day... and then his accident... and 3 years of his coma period when he finally wake up 8 months ago, he was still happy knowing how kavita wait for him, his recovery... how she cared for him... and then again 2 months before the marriage talk again going on and for the 1st time the unexpected thing happened in his family...

"Durga prasad ji, as you see sanskar is totally fine now and settled well in his business so i was thinking why to delay more, i know my kavita is eager to stay with her fiance..." Shekhar says with a smile on his face...

"We are ready shekhar ji... we also want kavita to come and stay here forever..." Annapurna says with a smile...

He and Kavita were sitting side by side, kavita had a shy smile... Sanskar was thinking something deeply... was he really ready for all this now?

"No bhaisa... this marriage won't happen..."

All looks at the door... There standing Ramprasad maheshwary and Sujata maheshwary...

"What are you saying ramprasad ji?" shekahar looked shocked...

"What are you listening to is true... this marriage won't happen... i want sanskar to marry someone else..." ram says calmly...

"Ram what are you saying?" Durgaprasad maheshwary looks at him angrily... this is the 2nd time Ramprasad maheshwary denying him...

"Whatever you heard, bhaisa, its true..." ram again says calmly...