Prologue

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
PROLOGUE

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I've never been the girl who step into the spotlight

I've never been the girl who seek for attention 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"There has to be another way!"

"You can't do this to me!"

"Please, stop. Listen to me!"

"It's all your fault!"

"I can't believe I trust you!"

Different scenes ran through her mind, all spinning and blurring together. Her head felt dizzy as if she was stuck in a tornado. But one scene caught her attention. Tears fell down her face as she watched, she blinked it away. She tried to reach out her hands and touch the girl in there, but before her hands made contact, it got blown away, disappeared from view.

It doesn't make sense, nothing does anymore. She took a deep breath as she took a trip down memory lane. But it isn't the same as before. It's... different... colder.

She doesn't know what it'll mean for her. She let out a deep breath as her eyes blinked opened and she shot back to reality.

She looked around, at first confused about where she was before noticing the loud music, the loud noises. People around her were dancing, but her world was still spinning.

What was she doing here? Where is she? What happened?

Then the whole reality, the whole truth, came crashing down on top of her. She was at a party, at Olympus, they were celebrating the victory... against Tartarus. She looked around more, all the happy faces, all the happy songs and dances.

Everything seems so far away, like she was a mile away instead of standing in the center of the party. She needs to get out, she needs fresh air. She looked around, panic rising when she couldn't find the door but she then quickly saw a flash of someone entering the room. She ran toward their direction as she ran out quickly and quietly, her breath heavy.

She found herself at the edge of Olympus as she leaned against a tree there, panting and trying to catch her breath. There's nothing left for her here, she had to get away.

But she doesn't know how. How would she get away. She looked back at the party, and then back to the city below Olympus. The city of New York. The loud blaring of the siren, the honking in the distance, people walking home.

Everyone feels like there's a place they can call home, on the street, with their family, in their office. She sat down slowly, trying to clear her head. Her knees were pulled up to her chest as she leaned her head against it.

It was quite outside today, everyone on the street of Olympus in the party, no person to be seen. She looked at the bag in her hand, repeating her plan in mind. She looked back at Olympus, unsure when will be the next time she sees it again.

"Good bye," she whispered softly as she took a step toward the shadow. "I'm sorry."

She disappeared, vanished into the shadow with her last word, leaving behind nothing but a few letters for her family, hopefully, it'll explain everything to them.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

AN: So... how was it? Good? Bad? Okay? Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this! It's only the prologue and I'm pretty sure chapter 1 will come out sometimes next week!

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

~Emily