Chapter Sixty-four

Damien's POV ♣️.

I tumbled out of bed and went into the kitchen of the penthouse apartment I shared with Jason. I had been sleeping for hours due to my jet lag. I grabbed made myself a steaming mug of coffee and chugged it all at once ignoring the scalding heat as it travelled down my throat. My phone screen lit up and I yawned picking up the incoming call from Jason.

" Yo!"

" Hey Jase!"

" You back?"

" Yeah."

" And you didn't call me?!"

" Jet lag." I replied.

" So how long are you staying?"

" Not long." I replied and he sighed.

" Why?"

" You know why."

I can't be in the same city as she is.

" You can't keep running. One day you're gonna have to face her."

" That day is still far away."

" It might be closer than you think." He mused but I just brushed him off.

" When are you coming home?"

" I won't be home for a while. Miguel and I are supposed to hang out today."

When Jason started dating Rosa, I was a little bothered by the idea of him dating my exe's best friend but now I'm used to it.

" Sure."

" Take care of yourself."

" I'll try."

" You better. I know your life without her is miserable-"

I glared at the phone.

" But at least try to look good."

" Whatever." I replied cutting the call.

***

I threw on a tee and rushed to open the door. I definitely wasn't expecting to see The Minister of defence standing at my front door with his bodyguards.

" Uhh-I-sir...what-" I stuttered.

" May I come in?" He asked and I nodded moving back so he could enter. He gave a slight nod to his bodyguards and they stood outside instead of accompanying him in.

" May I?"

" Of course sir!"

He sat.

" I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time."

" No! Not at all sir. Although I'm still a little shocked as to why you're here."

And scared too.

" I just came to pay you a visit." He replied.

" Well thank you very much for that sir. And congratulations on your reappointment."

" Thank you very much. So how have you been Myers?"

" I've been good. Busy but good." I replied and he ' hmmed'.

" I've heard all about the tremendous work you've been doing."

" Thank you sir."

" But you're human you know, you have to rest. Take a break."

" I will. But you know what they say, ' duty before self.'"

" I've also heard that you have been visiting Diego."

" Yes sir. No matter what Diego will still be family. I have to support him no matter what."

Henry nodded slowly and then he stared at me intently.

" So, how's Kimia?"

I froze.

" K-K-Kimia, I don't know. Agent Reynolds and I haven't spoken in quite a while."

" Cut the act Myers. I know about you and my goddaughter."

" Sir...I can explain."

" Save it. Right now I'm not here as a minister, I'm here as a father. Why haven't you contacted her?"

" I-I-I-...I don't have her number."

" That's bullshit Myers. You are one of the few agents that have unlimited access to the database of every security agencies in this country and you claim you haven't contacted her because of a number?!"

I gulped hard under the intense pressure Henry was putting me under.

" Myers do you know why I let you make that deal with Kimia?"

You wanted me to help you get her out."

" Yes. But that's not all. Damien, you're one of our best agents. And you're most known for your patience and tremendous self-control. But one look from my daughter and just like this" he snapped his fingers.
" It was gone. You were attracted to my daughter."

I sucked in a deep breath and clenched my jaw.

" She hates me."

" She doesn't. She misses you but she too damn stubborn to admit it."

" What am I supposed to do?!"

" For starters, talk to her. I'm positive you where she lives or even her office."

" Look, I can't just waltz back into her life. I hurt her."

" You know I was expecting more from you." He stood up and buttoned his suit jacket.
" I thought you would at least fight for her. But you've given up, like a coward. If you're truly in love with her, you would fight for her."

He walked to the door and then spoke again.

" The meeting's next week."

And with that, he was gone.

***
你好!🤗,
Update 💃.
So we have a new cover🙈.
What do you think?
Stay safe 😷.
Bye!!