Chapter One- First Day

"George, are you ready to go? The bus gets here in five minutes! You don't want to be late on your first day!"

George Davidson rushes around his room,  nearly tripping and falling over his gaming chair. He somehow manages to steady himself and grabs his book bag off the his desk.

"Phone phone phone- there it is!"

He snatches his phone out from under the covers of his bed and tucks it into his navy blue hoodie pocket.

"George Cmon!"

Olivia yells from the ground level of the house. Olivia  is the family who fosters Georges daughter. She's the same age as him, but instead of brown hair and dark eyes she has long, bright blond hair that's usually kept on a high pony or braided to the side. It always depended on how she felt. Her shining ocean blue eyes sparkled in even the darkest of nights, and brought joy to the saddest of souls. She always made sure George was comfortable and happy, even if it made her late or she missed a study date with her friends to help him learn his way around town. She's always wanted a brother, especially after her mother miscarriaged when she was seven years old. It was a little boy, and they really thought he was going to make it. Two months before he was due, they found out he had a heart problem and didn't survive.. after that Olivia grew very depressed. It affected her grades, her health, everything. That's part of the reason her parents decided to bring George into their home. They heard about his story, and knew that he would get along great with their daughter.

"I'm coming Liv just give me a second!"

He swings his bag over his shoulder and grabs his library book off his side table, shoving it in the bag while racing down the stairs.

"Cmon slow poke the bus is coming down the street!"

She pushes him by his shoulders and he turns to his foster parents, giving them a quick wave before being fully pushed out the door.

"Liv I didn't even grab breakfast-"

He's cut off by Olivia shoving a pop tart into his mouth.

"Don't worry- I wouldn't let you go to school without fulfilling you'r breakfast needs"

He laughs and takes a bite of his breakfast, watching nervously as the bus glides down the street. It comes to a halt in front of their house and the driver opens the doors. George is once again pushed forwards by Olivia and pulled onto the bus. He trips over the top step and nearly falls on his face, but is caught by Olivia.

"George you're so clumsy this morning! Cmon were sitting with Nick"

Olivia leads him to the back of the bus where a few teens sat. George quickly observed them one by one and takes note of little details. One had dark brown bouncy hair and brown eyes and wore a cowboy hat. He tapped his fingers on the back of the bus seat like drums and makes drum noises with his mouth. There was another male sitting in the row next to him. This one had dirty blond hair and light eyes.

Green?

George couldn't tell. To him they looked yellow, but he was sure they were green. He's tall, like reaaaally tall. The boy had on a green? hoodie with a black smiley face on it. He jammed out to non existent music next to his friend and pretended to play guitar, strumming his chest as if one was really there. George smiles and Olivia rolls her eyes, shoving Nick further into the seat and smashing him against the window.

"Hey! What the honk Liv?"

Olivia smirks and punches his shoulder.

"This is George, the guy I've been telling you about. George, this is Nick. The weirdo over there is Clay-"