SHADOW 2 | J.JK

VEL

And for the next few weeks, I don't see a trace of Jungkook.

At the middle of the second week, I'd recognized a figure like him on the southern side of the building.

So he was just avoiding me.

And he still didn't want to go back in his house.

Maybe I shouldn't have acted like that in the convenience store.

He was a man after all— twenty one years old. He could buy and drink if he wanted, and I must've embarrassed him in front of that cashier as well.

I sigh, unable to focus on the lecture that the professor is giving.

"Hey, Vel."

And I can't deal with him right now.

But even if I ignore him directly, Jiwoo follows me out of the academy doors from the group of girls he'd been with. It's already dark outside, being late in the evening already.

I was still on edge because of Jungkook.

"Are you free?" He calls, tapping me on the shoulder even if I don't turn back.

I walk faster, but he just matches my pace easily.

"Not really."

"Well, that's too bad." He laughs, while I just frown deeper and keep walking. "When else do you have time? I was thinking—"

Almost there to my house.

Just a minute away, I turn around and face the boy.

"Jiwoo, I don't think so."

And his smile fades away. "What do you mean? I was just asking if you wanted to hang out sometime."

"I'm saying no."

His expression grows dark. I kind of feel guilty at that, but I'd had to tell it to him— that I wasn't interested.

He'd been doing this for months now, because I'd always hesitated to tell him to stop.

But then I look up again, and his expression is too dark.

My eyes go wide when he starts walking closer.

"W-Wait. Jiwoo..."

I stumble back, until I hit the wall with my back. The uncertainty turns to a fear as I press my palm against his chest to stop him from getting too close.

"You made me look like a damn idiot, then. Why didn't you tell me? I thought you were interested."

He's so close.

I can't breathe being this close.

"I—"

"Stop playing such a hard to get."

I instinctively shrink into the wall, heartbeat erratic and hands thrust out in front.

What can I do?

And then all of a sudden, I can breathe a little. A shadowed figure has ripped Jiwoo off from me, and it takes me a hazy second to realize.

The shadow is Jungkook.

But that's all I see before everything falls down to darkness.

_________________________