The Truths

Claire P.O.V

Most people would say I am a monster, a demon, a freak. But I'm not. I'm normal. Normal in Morganville's standards anyway. Today was June 2nd. Today I became another year older. Today I become 20. Today is the day I can legally get drunk. Today is the day I can get arrested. Today is the day I will have a massive party. Today is the day I will not remember anything in the morning. Today is the day that I will have blood around my face. Today is the day I change. Today is the day I change for the worse. Today is the day I turn my life and start facing down. Today is the day I become a vampire. 

I want this for myself. I am often called weak, or innocent, I am none of these things. I have stood up to Amelie; Bishop; Oliver; the town I am not afraid of what some people will think, as from today I can kill them. Legally. Humans are slacking in their protection, fewer are paying taxes, they are believing vampires are becoming like Amelies pet dogs on a leash. Boy how are they wrong. Tomorrow is the night of the legal hunt. Any human out after 20:00 without protection can be killed by vampires. These humans are law breakers, vampire killers, genoicdes, they are the real monsters. I just want in on part of the fun. Yes I have changed in 2 years. Before you I ask. Yes. Shane and I have broken up.

Flashback 2 years ago

Walking up to the steps of the Glass House, I could already smell the aroma of chili cooking and the house embracing me inside it's warmth. I placed my key into the latch, turning it until I heard a soft click of the lock unlocking. The front door opened with a slight click, I stepped through the threshold, my bag weighing tonnes on my shoulder instantly flopped onto the wooden floor of the parlour with a loud 'thud' I slipped my black converse off and walked into the kitchen, opening the wooden door. Walking past the table I made my way over toward the fridge, I got an ice cold beer out the fridge, pushing the door shut with my sole of my left foot. As I slammed the fridge I heard someone gasp. I pushed it to the back of my mind as usually Michael and Eve are doing their thing upstairs as Eve now works the late shift for Oliver on double pay as his barrister had to go on maternity leave. I opened my beer with a solid crack, as I went into the lounge throwing myself onto the couch careful not to spill any of my beer on myself or the couch.  I grabbed the new TV remote and flipped on the TV. It was on the xbox as always, in the middle of solo on Call Of Duty Ghosts. I have told them a million times it is rubbish and it should never be played. No though they still play it. There is a song on YouTube called I Hate Ghosts as it's a parody of Frozen. Sighing to myself I took a gulp of my beer. Then the house went deftly silent.

Then the stair gave a loud groan, I grabbed a knife that was on the coffee table. I dropped my beer onto the coffee table, before standing up to hide behind the wall leading near the front door. I heard a sigh of relief and the person carried to go down the stairs, as they reached the last step and made their way to the front door I grabbed them by their neck and pinned them up against the wall using all my force. 

"Claire!" I heard Shane call my name, but I didn't release my grip on whoever this person was. She squirmed and sounded like a girl, my knife blade now against their throat ontop of their voice box if cut they wouldn't be able to talk unless they A) Got turned B) Had an out of town surgery but I do not think anyone else will be allowed out after someone's last attempt. Then I the girl spat. Her dark red hair came down to her shoulders, blue eyes would lure even the most good of men. She was a true mark of evil. She has to pay. No I scolded myself. I will not become someone who I am not. I tried to fight this monster inside myself. So many evil thoughts ran through my mind racing at 100mph. I could easily kill her there and then, I would love to see my 'boyfriend's' reaction too see her lying dead on the floor. NO! I screamed to myself mentally. I was fighting myself. But the worst part of this was I was losing.