Food Poisoning

Rainbow and her family had been out to a restaurant for their dinner and were now on their home.

Bow hothoof: well that spaghetti Bolognese was delicious! Wasn't it dear?

Windy whistles: *chuckles* sure was. What about you rainbow did you enjoy your chicken pasta?

Rainbow: yeah mum I did.

The truth was rainbow thought the chicken she ate looked and tasted a little funny, but due to her hunger she ate it anyway. All of a sudden her stomach grumbled.

Bow hothoof: what was that?

Rainbow: *embarrased* just my stomach dad.

Bow hothoof: you can't still be hungry dashie!

Rainbow: maybe the food just hasn't digested yet.

Rainbow knew that the noises coming from her stomach were not from hunger. All of a sudden she felt her stomach start to ache and flip.

Rainbow: ugh mum, can we stop by a rest room?

Windy whistles: *worriedly* what's wrong rainbow?

Rainbow: *in pain* my stomach hurts.

Windy whistles: there isn't anywhere to stop, do you think you can make it until we get home baby?

Rainbow: *holding her stomach* I'll try.

They arrived home about 20 minutes later and rainbow ran into the house and went straight into bathroom. Once she got there she was sick into the toilet. When she finished throwing up she realised she needed to use the toilet, when she sat down she realised that she was having diarrhoea (I know that's gross but oh well) after half  an hour she was finally finished on the toilet, but she realised she needed to be sick again so she turned around and once again threw up into the toilet.

Windy whistles: rainbow sweetie are you alright in there?

Rainbow: yeah mum I'm f- *blech*

Windy whistles: oh honey are you being sick in there?

Rainbow had finally finished so she went out to her mum on the landing. She was really pale and sweaty,
She was also shaking which was probably from the throwing up.

Windy whistles: oh baby are you ok? *feels rainbows forehead* hmm you don't feel hot. Could it be something you've eaten?

Rainbow: the chicken did taste a little funny.

Windy whistles: why didn't you say something sweetheart?

Rainbow: because I was really hungry, and dad paid a lot of money for dinner.

Windy whistles: rainbow the price of a meal does not matter to me or your father, what matters is your health. It sounds like you've got a touch of food poisoning, why don't you go and sit on the sofa and I'll get you a special drink which will help settle your stomach?

Rainbow: ok.

Rainbow went and sat on the sofa. A few minutes later windy came back with the special drink she was talking about, a glass of juice and bucket just in case it was needed.

Windy whistles: *hands rainbow the medicine drink* here sweetie drink this it'll help your stomach.

Rainbow: thanks mum. What's the juice for?

Windy whistles: the medicine doesn't taste very nice, so I thought you'd like to have a drink of juice after.

Rainbow: thanks.

She drank the medicine and her mum was right. It really was gross as soon as she drank it she reached for the glass of juice. Once she drank that she sat back on the sofa.

Windy whistles: sweetie I'm just going to go and do some work in my office, the buckets there if you need it.

Rainbow: thanks mum.

Rainbow wasn't sick anymore and after a while the food poisoning was completely gone. One thing was for sure she wouldn't be eating the chicken from that restaurant again!