PART 4🌸

It became my safe space, the yellow cave.

My father started to show signs of anger issues and everytime he would yell at me for displacing a plate or preparing food late, I would go and hide there. I depended on finding Geonu there, to talk it out with him and depended my survival on the unfunny little jokes he told me to light up the mood.

He would bring his little ipod with him at all times. He used to be possessive with it, everytime I asked to get one ear and he would turn to me and with a harsh and clear tone say "No."

I never knew what he listened to when he had his earphones in, I could never tell.
Once he put in his earphones you wouldn't exist to him. He would get lost in his own world, like he was out of his surroundings and his senses lost all meaning. He would usually either write, read or just lie down listening to the songs.

He would let me read his book at those times though. He knew I would get bored if I didn't. I would usually lie or sit next to him in those times, sometimes reading the book or just simply watching him. I loved to watch him get carried away with whatever he was listening to on his ipod.

I honestly don't know how many times I re-read that book. ''The Catcher in the Rye''.

As I read it more and more I started to feel like Holden was my only friend besides Geonu, and sometimes I would even confuse the two, picking up on similarities and creating my own version of the mix of the two in my head.