CHAPTER 31: LET'S DO IT TOGETHER

I was shock of what I saw, the day before Lt. Holmes father died he was at our hometown. Is this the reason why Lt. Holmes think that his father's case might be similar to Mr. Lono's case?

I look at the date of his death and it was a week after my father's death. Is it related to my father's case? I did not talk to anybody until the day ends, I am too puzzled and I am busy thinking and connecting things.

The next day I talk with Lt. Holmes in private and asked her.

"Answer me honestly Holmes. Your father is an investigator right? Is he investigating my father's case that time?" I asked her seriously while she look so shock.

"Yes, my father is an investigator but he is not investigating your father's case that time. I am sure about that." She answered looking straight at me.

"Then what is he investigating that time?" I asked while scanning Lt. Holmes expression to check if she is telling the truth.

"Stop scanning me like I'm a villain Samantha. My father is an anti-corruption investigator so I'm sure that he is investigating something political that time. Actually, I won't be surprised if our investigation about my father's case will lead us to a big fish." She said while looking up trying to stop the water in her eyes.

"Okay, calm yourself I will help you and put a good period in this case." I said as I walk forward and hug her. Lt. Holmes is 2 years older than me and I feel comfortable with her. She hug me back for awhile then she let go.

"Do not continue to be sweet Sam or else I will not give you to Franklyn." She give me a tesing smile then take a step backward and turned her back at me.

"Lesbian!" I shouted to tease her back but she just turned her head and shouted back at me.

"No I am not. You are!"

I followed her in the office. I stop to her table and bend a liitle while leaning my arms in her table so that our face will balance and stare at her lips. I automatically smiled at her when she notice of where I am looking at, her face turned pinkish and I can sense the awkwardness. I almost burst out with laughter but I controlled it, I want to tease her.

"What?!" She asked while avoiding my gaze.

"Stop calling me lesbian or else I will date you. If I can't control myself, I might kiss you here." I said and compose myself again. I wink at her before I leave her table and she just aswered me through rolling her eyes. It's getting exciting, I chuckled when I reached my table.

I scanned my father's case from my phone, if you can still remember I secretly took a photo of this back when I was still an intern here. I read the report again and notice that my mother was interviewed but she did not tell something that can help the investigation. I recall the night my father was shoot and realise that my mother's voice does not sound panic.

How could a wife won't panic? I am in deep thought when a text message pop up in the upper side of my screen. My lips automatically formed a smile when I saw Lt. Holmes' name in my phone's screen.

"I'm craving for Ice cream, let's buy outside. 😊 "

A little more clue and I will think that Holmes have a crush on me. I almost laugh at my thought. I controlled myself and replied her.

"Okay."

I stand up and get my wallet. Captain Bret look at us so Lt. Holmes said that "we'll just buy an Ice cream and will go back immediately."

Captain Bret nod at us and we salute him before we take our exit. I notice that Lt. Drew look at us through my peripheral vision. I knew that he is Ela's ex-boyfriend and there is a big posibility that he still love Ela.