trianta pente |³⁵

Thea

I watch as he cooks the meat in the pan, he doesn't even bother to look at me when he is cooking and by the way, he does his work, it doesn't feel like he ever pays attention to anything but at his work, too concentrated. I eat a strawberry in silence, sitting at the top of the counter some distance away from him.

I am sitting down only in his shirt and nothing underneath. Asterius's muscles move every time he moves to do something. And I am dumbfounded at his gorgeousness. I keep staring at him like a creep, not bulging to my move my gaze away from him. "Stop staring, you're distracting me" Asterius speaks without looking at me. The corner of my lips curl up into a smile and through his thick eyelashes, he meets my gaze.

He turns off the gas and stalks towards me and in seconds, Asterius has his hands placed at the sides of my body. "You are so tempting that I can't concentrate on whatever I was doing, I was going to put sugar instead of salt" I chuckle at him, while he stays silent, watching my every move like a predator trapping its prey.

"Thea, don't tempt me to rip apart the only thin shirt you're wearing" He growls slowly, his fingers itching to touch me. "You just have to do it right?" I find his eyes at my breasts and I'm aware of my hardened nipples that are visible through his shirt. Asterius grabs the back of the neck, spreading my legs apart so they are around his hips.

And do a little tease by rubbing myself against his crotch. He blinks his eyes at me. "You're playing with fire, sweetheart" He speaks and I continue to rub against him anyway, not caring about whatever he was going on about. He gives a small tug at my hair and pushes me further closer to him.

"You don't understand it, do you? Do you want to be punished, Theodora?" This is the very first time he says my name, I had told him about my full name one day ago and now when he uses it, I feel like melting under his heavy gaze. The heat surges through my body, he is a drug to my body and I can't deny him, won't deny.

"Oh Thea, I don't take disobedience very nicely" I blink my eyes innocently at him, a pout forming on my face and he takes it as a cue to peck and lips, making me giggle. The next thing he does is his fingers attack me by starting me to tickle recklessly. He shows no mercy, I start laughing out loud. The tension between us evaporates and there is only me and him smiling down at each other. A tear slips down and my cheeks hurt with so much of laughing.

Asterius stops, staring at me yet again. He withdraws his hand back and places on my hand, intervening our fingers together. "Let me feed you before you die with hunger" Asterius pushes himself off me, striding towards to where the pan rested with meat in it.

You look like a creep while staring at him.

A voice inside me speaks and I ignore it, continuing to do what I had been doing for a long time. Was there any chance that we could end up together, was there any place in this world that we could be together without any complications? What if someone finds out about us, about us being together? Will be punished mercilessly?

"Can you show me your pack?" He stiffened beside me, he kept stirring the liquid in the bowl which was kept on the gas. Asterius turned the gas off yet again, suddenly, he hovered at the top of me, his hand entering through the shirt, fingers brushing over my nipples. My toes curling in delight. "I forgot to do this" Asterius grabs my face and kisses me hard.

The kiss was fast, passionate, and hot and a sexy smile is adoring his face between the kiss. I could do this all day and never get tired of this or him. With my feet still dangling in the air, I sigh and rest my chin on my hand, gazing at the delightful sight in front of me.

— • —

"Who is Scarlett?" I ask, remembering the name that Gabrielle had used against him by threatening Asterius. He leaves the shovel in his hand and sweat glides down his body, under the sun, his chest is glistening and is bare to my eyes. Asterius walks up to me with emotions I fail to recognize.

He sits down next to me, hands resting on his knees and he still looks irresistible. Was it alright to ask him such a question? About something he wasn't willing to answer about as he kept silent for the next few minutes. And then, he turned at me, his eyes were glistening.

"I had an elder sister, Alexandria, she was married and mated to an Alpha werewolf of another pack, away from here. But there was an attack on their pack, Scarlett was only six when this happened, somehow, Alexandria was able to keep Scarlett hidden and I was late, too late to arrive. The pack was destroyed, dead bodies were lying everywhere, all I could think about was where my sister was, and when I was her death, something evoked within me. I couldn't save her but there was Scarlett who was still alive, so I took it upon myself to protect her"

Asterius gulps down, his voice was heavy. A tear rolled down his eyes and he wiped it off before it could touch the ground.

I wasted no more time and grabbed him into my embrace. Asterius let himself breakthrough as he cried with his head resting against my shoulder, I had my hand at the back of his, soothing him and calming him down. I shouldn't have asked him, it only made him relieve all those moments.

"You know it isn't your fault, right?"

"How is it not? I was too busy with my work to even realize that she was I danger, I couldn't protect her, Thea, I couldn't save her, if only I showed up some minutes ago"

"Asterius, don't do this to yourself. I believe that whatever is meant to happen it will, you did whatever you could, you saved Scarlett, maybe if you didn't show up at all, she would have been gone too, but you did. Stop blaming yourself, Asterius, none of this is your fault" I answer him in a soft tone, he breaks away from the hug and stares at me with a blank expression.

His eyes are red because of the crying and he grabs my hand, kissing the back of my palm gently. "What did I do to deserve you?" He says, bringing me closer, and he tucks a hair strand behind my ear. Kissing my other hand, I hear a low groan from him.

"With you, it's always easy, I don't know why you had to be forbidden for me, but now that I know how does a forbidden fruit tastes, I can't get over it. Thea, you drive me insane" He doesn't allow me to speak as his lips find mine and I'm drifted to the blissful pleasure. There was none other like Asterius, I knew now and his touch was enough for me to come back for more, every time. Only he could make me feel this way. Asterius, what are you doing to me?

______