Chapter 16

Kevin

 Its been 4 months, 4 long painful months.

 Ever since Frank punches the shit out of me I have been staying with Dr. Lee and his family. He thought it would be better for me to have a change scenery. Dr. Lee has three kids two girls one is 10 and the other 4 and one 3-month-old boy. At first, I wasn't too happy about leaving my home to go stay with a therapist for a few days I mean who does that? But Dr. Lee said don't think about it was just coming to stay with your doctor but think of it was a mini-vacation. 

 I must say after a few days I did get used to staying with them, I also learned how to make fried rice. While staying with them, I got a chance to see how a real family is. Dr. Lee kids are angles at first they weren't too happy for me being here and his two daughters would try to play pranks on me to get me to leave. And I tried too so many times, but Dr. Lee wasn't haven't it.

 Staying here I got reflect on myself for once and to think about what I want to do with my relationship with Max. Dr. Lee is a great father and I'm so jealous and hope that I can, given the chance I can come close to being a father like him. 

 "Kevvvvv"  I felt someone shake me. I quickly turned away and pulled up the covers "Kevvvin!" someone started to jump up and down on my bed.

 "Ehhh...." I said trying to keep my eyes closed.

 "Its time to get up!"

 "Is the house on fire?" I asked.

 "No, silly" they stop jumping.

 "Then it's not time to get up"  I said going back to bed.

 "Kevvvvvvin" the bed started to shake again and I knew I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep anymore.

 "Alright," I said removing the covers and waking up to Mia, the 4-year-old, "Morning," I said with a smile and running my hands through my hair.

 "Eww" she said covering her nose, I looked at her confused "Your breath," she said laughing.

 "My breath?" I did a breath checked and realized that she was right my breath is kicking. 

 "You don't like my breath?" I said coming closer to her face as she started to back away.

 "Noooo," she said shaking her head while covering her nose "Kevey you stinky" 

 "Oh, yeah" I said picking her up and putting her on my lap "Say you love me" I said.

 "Noooo" she screamed out of laughter.

 "Kevin get your stink breath get away from my child" We both looked up to see Dr. Lee standing near the doorway. 

 "Daddy save me!" she yelled trying to get away from me.

 "Never!" I said, holding her tighter as Dr. Lee came into the room.

 "Give me back my daughter you stinky monster" he said getting on to the bed.

 "Daddy help me!" Mia yelled. Dr.  Lee and I were both fighting over Mia but in the end, I won one.

 "Yeah!!" I said giving her one last kiss on the head and putting her down because I was getting tired.

 "Mia why don't you go help mom with Thanks Giving dinner," he said giving her a kiss as she came to him.

 "Is it Thanks Giving already?" I asked going into the bathroom to go brush my teeth.

 "Yeah it is, time sure does fly," he said.

"Yeah" I never really looked at the calendar since I've been here because I knew I would start thinking about Max again.

Once I was done cleaning up I walked into my room surprise to still see that he was still there "Uh.....you good Doc?" I asked confused. 

 "Yeah....uh" I was in the middle of putting my shirt over my head and looked up at  Dr. Lee.

 "Yes?" I said knowing how nothing good can come from what he's about to say.

 "Kevin--"

 "Wait before you say anything I want to know who are you talking as?" I said trying to prepare myself.

 "Your therapist"

 "Ok let me sit" I said finding a chair. "Alright" I said taking a deep breath.

 "You're not going to be eating at our house tonight," he said looking at me in the eyes.

 "Wait that's it?" I asked confused.

 "I mean you can still have your Thanks Giving dinner but it just won't be here" he said now looking down.

 "Ok.....so where am I going?" where is he going with this?

 "You will be spending ThanksGiving with your family" and that's when I felt like I've been hit by a bus.

 "So--" I cut myself trying to process everything.

 "You still will be living here I mean you are far some being fine, but I do think it is time for us to take the first step. Which is going to see Max, I don't want you to get used to staying here with me because this isn't your home"

 Well damn.

 "And you're here to get help the reason I brought you here to not only get a fresh start but to open you up more. You see how you were just playing with Mia, I bet you never done that with Max. I want you to understand that you are not the same Kevin I met 4 months ago and I think it's time that you show Max" I nobbed understanding where he's coming from "And Jackie" I looked up.

 "I think today is about forgiveness, and going to see him will help you both move forward. At the end of the day Kevin, Max is your child, not Jackie" and with that, he got up from my bed.

 "Frank will be here to pick you up in a few minutes," he said walking out the door.

                                               Thank You guys for voting and commenting! <3