Someday we will get married

'' Norman, Ray!" a energy ball called as she ran to the two boys who were playing with the younger orphans.

The two turned around at the mention of their names until finally they saw Emma running up to them while holding something.

" What is it?" Ray asked when he saw Emma carrying something in her arms.

"It's a book, duh" said Emma as if it were the most obvious thing in the world while Norman held his laughter "I found it in the library"

"I know it's a book, I want to know why you're carrying it, you idiot" Ray said as he made a slight expression of irritation.

"I'm also curious, what is this book about?" Norman asked as he looked at Emma with an expression of curiosity, moreover, it wasn't always that you saw Emma carrying a book, it was usually Ray who was carrying it.

"Oh, it's about marriage" Emma said in her usual cheerful tone as she looked at Norman and gave him a radiant smile which made Norman's heart beat faster.

What is that? Why is my heart beating so fast? Norman wondered, it had been a while since he felt this way with Emma, ​​but what exactly was that? He always felt her cheeks turn red when she got too close to him and her heart beat very fast when she hugged him or just smiled.

"Marriage?" Norman asked as he tried to calm his heart "What does Mama say when the story ends?" Norman asked confused as he remembered when Mama told them stories, some of them always ended with 'they got married and lived happily ever after'.

" Yep!" Emma replied while smiling even bigger.

"Marriage is when two people swear to love and respect each other forever" said Ray as he took the book from the redhead's hand and flipped through it quickly.

"Exactly! So I came here to ask for something" Emma said as she took Norman's hands and looked into his eyes with a smile on his face "Norman, do you want to marry me?"

"EH?!" exclaimed the boy as he felt his face turn red.Her hands are so soft and warm... Norman thought as his heart beat even faster.

"Uh well- you know uh" stammered the boy as he tried to get his brain working again. Despite being the most intelligent among the orphans, his mind had been reduced to almost nothing after Emma's question, he could feel Ray laughing internally at his current state. '' W-why not Ray? "Asked Norman after regaining control of his minde.

Emma looked at the boy in front of him before answering, he looked nervous Maybe he doesn't want to marry me... the girl thought sadly being the dense person who is.

"Ray is always mean to me and always calls me an idiot and he just reads all day and never plays with us, and Norman is kind and nice to everyone and plays with me whenever he can" she said still holding Norman's hands and ignoring Ray's offended face.

"R-Really?" Asked the white-haired boy as his face turned a deeper shade of red "So... I accept marry you, Emma!"

Upon hearing this, the girl mentioned gave her biggest smile and hugged Norman tightly, but not too hard because she didn't want to hurt him "Yaaay! Let's tell everyone that we're getting married!"The boy just nodded, still stunned that Emma was hugging him.

"Sorry to interrupt the lovebirds, but you guys are not old enough to get married yet, you need to be a adult to be able to get married" Ray said as he tapped the book on the redhead's head, he seemed a little disgusted by the affection and affection shown in front of him, but he was internally happy that his ship was sailing.

"What? Really?" asked Emma as she walked away from the hug she was still giving Norman and rubbed where Ray hit her

Oh... the boy thought as he missed her warmth. Why do I feel so disappointed?

Ray just sighed. Of course she didn't read the entire book. "Yes, you idiot, you need to be a certain age to get married and you are only 6 years old, there is no way you can get married now"

"So let's wait until we're adults! When we were adults, Norman and I are going to get married!" the girl turned to the boy and smiled again.

"Norman, someday we will get married, right?" The girl asked still smiling.

"Yes Emma" the boy said now also smiling, although his heart is beating faster than ever and his face is still red.

"You promise?"

"I promise"

They were silent for a while just smiling at each other until they heard Mama calling they.

"Come on Norman" said the girl as she grabbed the boy's hand again and pulled him to where Mama was.

Meanwhile, Ray was walking behind them. I'm the third wheel...  This is  what the boy was thinking all day.