Love Potions- Oumeno fic

Supreme leaders (of evil) don't have crushes. Or, so he thought

Kokichi hated Himiko. He hated her fiery red hair, her dismissing yet bubbly personality, her cute brown eyes and her dumb magic. Kokichi hated her and nothing would ever change that.

Then why was he suddenly doubting these feelings of hatred and annoyance? Nothing has changed, so why are his emotions? Every-time he saw Himiko he felt his heart skip a beat. Blood almost (almost being the key word. His façade isn't that easy to break) rushed to his face whenever she talked to him. He even felt his walls crumpling when she eyed him with those sparkly eyes.

Kokichi groaned and slammed his head back onto his desk. He couldn't stop thinking about the short mage. Just the thought of her should infuriate him, but he couldn't bring himself to. All that was given from these thoughts were a weird sense of longing and emptiness. He didn't want to feel this way. Not anymore. His thoughts continued to race as he chewed on his thumbnail.

Kokichi didn't know how long it had been since the killing game. Time didn't matter anymore. He couldn't remember the last time he had left his hospital room. It's not like anyone would miss him anyways. He felt a sharp pang of emotion at the thought. What bugged him most though was the first thing that came to mind was

"Would Himiko miss me?"

The answer was so short and simple. No one would miss a liar like him.

Himiko wasn't sure why but she was worried about Kokichi. Sure he was a brat in the killing game and probably still is now, but that doesn't mean she couldn't be worried. She hadn't seen him once after the simulation had ended. Apparently nobody but Rantaro had seen him. Nobody had even bothered to check on the panta loving boy.

Many days of patiently waiting,she decided to take things into her own hands and check on Kokichi. Himiko liked to think of it as if Kokichi was the damsel in distress, cooped up in his room and she was the knight (preferably mage) that was going to save him. Who knows, maybe she might actually be his savior.

Out of all the things Himiko would have expected, for some reason this wasn't one of them. When she knocked on the liar's door she hadn't really expected him to answer. She thought he'd be stubborn and she'd have to find out some way to get him to open up, but the door was opened quite fast. Maybe a bit of hesitation, but still pretty quickly. However, Kokichi hadn't even tried to act at all like his regular(?) self. He looked awful. Bags heavily shown under his eyes, almost as purple as his hair. Kokichi was way more pale than he was in the killing game. A bit shorter too, closer to matching her own height. It appeared the simulation had made him look way more healthier. This real Kokichi looked broken.

It took all her energy to not throw her arms around him. His loneliness was shown clear in his dull eyes. She couldn't believe nobody had checked on him. Wasn't anyone worried like she was? She chewed on her lip and averted Kokichi's gaze.

"Well?" Kokichi titled his head slightly. Had he always done that when he was confused? Himiko shook her head. Now wasn't the time to think of such pointless details.
"Are you just going to stand there or did you actually come here for something?" Kokichi seemed so tired. So, so tired. You could hear it in his voice and see it in his face. The poor boy hasn't slept.

"n-nyeh, sorry Kokichi. I just wanted to check up on you.." Himiko mentally slapped herself for stuttering and sounding so stupid. She was ruining this.
Kokichi looked at her with a weird gaze. Almost as if he didn't believe a word she said. He spoke slowly.

"You... wanted to check up on.. me?" Kokichi sounded like he was mostly asking himself that question more than Himiko. Suddenly in that moment her shoes were more interesting.