Lord Elias

I was running, something was wrong; the world around me smelled like burnt honey, and the trees were on fire. I soon realized I was in Annamera's Garden, the plants were glowing. I had come here many times with my mother before everything had gone wrong. As I looked around, I spotted a little blonde girl swinging a scythe around and yelling. A silver dragon with golden wings tried to burn her with its flames and, as he flew past, the girl caught its' thigh. The dragon let out a low roar as blood ran down his leg. I realized that this wasn't a memory, it was a nightmare.
I sat up sweating; my legs were tired, as if my nightmare had really happened. I placed my hand on my chest to calm myself until I caught my breath.
"Lily, what's wrong?" Eli sounded panicked, and I don't think it was because I had almost gotten a heart attack in my sleep. I told him about my nightmare, except for the part about the dragon, I don't know why, but I felt that I could tell no-one of that.
"That's very unusual," He said, deep in thought. "It's no big deal, nightmares happen." I replied. "Okay, if you say so."
Knowing sleep would no longer come; I grabbed my things, unhitched Lucifer, and continued toward Dragon Rock Burrow. I was surprised to have covered so much ground; it was almost as if this horse never tired. I pondered the thought but quickly realized how foolish that was.
The Sentry Post was what I saw first, next was Eli running toward me, looking around nervously as he approached. After being away from him for so long, the sight was so surreal, I didn't notice his discomfort.
"Hurry, before we're seen." He said quickly. "Get on my horse." I demanded. He shot me a look that suggested I was crazier than a hatter. "It'll drop dead before we get more than a few yards; you've been riding it all day."
"Oh nonsense, we only came from Dragon Rock Burrow and besides," I smiled, "it's not like he didn't rest last night."
. . . .
"I trust you were not followed, my Lord?" A servant asked Eli while we were on our way to the castles outer ward. Why did that servant say my Lord? Since when was Eli a Lord?
Seeing my questioned look, Eli sighed and told the servant, "I told you not to call me that, but what's done is done. No we were not followed. Please bring the Lady Lilium and I some refreshments, I will escort her the rest of the way." The servant bowed and hurried off down the hallway.
The smell hit me first; it was the smell of many different flowers. Roses, daisies, tulips, chrysanthemums, lavender, and of course, lilies were strewn across the walls.
The courtyard; it's so beautiful. I thought to myself.
My face red, I asked, "So what's all this 'my Lord' business about?" Eli just sighed and sat down, signaling for me to do the same.
"My grandfather, well, he created this village, and when he passed on, my father took over as the Lord. Unfortunately, when my father died, he thought it best to give me the position. I never wanted this, that's why I fled to Ondero in the first place." He sighed and continued. "Back then, I didn't know what an absolute prat King Lehf was. This was the only place I could think to go after my escape.
He hung his head, his dark hair completely covering his face. I stood up. "We need to find a way out of here then." He looked up, defeat heavy in his eyes. "How could we defend ourselves out side of the village?"
"Simple," I smiled. "We learn Magick."