Yule Ball

I had no idea how some women wore long dresses. Dressed in a forest green gown (pictured below), I checked and double-checked my appearance. The Yule Ball was a formal event, so wearing my leggings wasn't an option. Even I couldn't get Dumbledore to bend that rule. Something about tradition...

"You look beautiful," Severus said as he met me at the foot of my tower stairs. I kissed his cheek and took his offered arm. He was dressed in his best robes, all black of course. 

"Are you ready for this?" I asked as he escorted me towards the crowd filtering into the large hall cleared of tables for the Ball.

"Not in the slightest," He replied. 

How these students had so much energy was beyond me. Standing off to the side, Severus and I kept an eye out for students attempting to have too much fun. 

"I need to go take a round out in the garden," Severus said, giving my hand a squeeze. 

"Do you want me to come with you?" I asked, looking up at him.

Severus shook his hand, "I won't be long. Stay in here where it's warm."

I watched him disappear into the crowd before turning my attention back to the students. I remember when I was their age, I had gotten into my fair share of mischief. Where the hell had the time gone?